8th gen power loss after tune

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: 8th gen power loss after tune

Post by EFICU »

Hi Mitchell,

Overall it looks really good. Had a couple knocks pop up in new areas, so I worked those areas a little bit. I also made a couple of fueling changes here and there. It looks good, just being picky on a few things.

Yes you can do the pulleys and not affect the tune. We can always double check it though, if you do it just let me know and we'll see how it acts. If you do a bigger throttle body, I highly recommend the K-Tuned 72mm TB and port matching the opening on the intake manifold to match the 72mm TB. I recently tuned one on here and it's the highest HP simple bolt on 8th gens I've tuned. His maxed out the injectors because of the TB and port matching, so keep that in mind. You might want to do some RDX injectors when you do it, if you do it I should say. The tune will need some changes with the RDX's, so don't go driving on your tune now until we make the changes for the injectors, it will run really rich if we don't.

Here is the next one for you.
Attachments
GardenM.SD.Rev05.fpcal
(22.44 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
mitchellgarden

Post by mitchellgarden »

here are two logs from the last change one is with the baffle in that's 11 and a short one with the baffle out that's 12 just to see the difference.
Attachments
datalog012.fpdl
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 130 times
datalog011.fpdl
(5.66 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Hi Mitchell,

So I stand corrected, the baffle out made a substantial difference. Enough of a difference where I would recommend running a tune for with the baffle and one for without the baffle. With the baffle in we were dead on for WOT fueling, literally zero changes needed. With the baffle out, we're 7% lean in the mid range and 3% at redline. Do you plan on running the baffle out or in more of the time?

Let me know, then I will send you the next revision for both. Surprising to see the results for sure, I'm glad we did the test.
mitchellgarden

Post by mitchellgarden »

Yeah if the tune for the baffle in is good. Then yes I would like one for the baffle out as sometimes I do like to have it out.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I went ahead and made the changes for the baffle being out. Make a datalog both with and without the baffle inserted with this revision in it. Let's see how they both look with the baffle out fueling changes. I would like you leave you with one file so you don't have to switch back and forth. Unless you don't mind. We'll see how it looks in both datalogs and discuss options.
GardenM.SD.Rev06 (W-OBaffle).fpcal
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 138 times