K20z3 - skunk2 drop in cams, str8 pipe & 3"sri. possible previous basemaps?

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

RichardFG2

K20z3 - skunk2 drop in cams, str8 pipe & 3"sri. possible previous basemaps?

Post by RichardFG2 »

Hey, I recently had to trade my motorcycle for a high millage 2010 Civic Si, for a Winter beater at first but, is quickly starting to become more of my baby. lol. It has a well kept 350,000 km engine/ and or body. That being said I was told it has a recently replaced engine with 160k kms, stage 1 clutch, flywheel, Skunk2 drop in cams (I'm guessing) he just said it has skunk2 cams, it also has a 3" SRI, typical breathers/ deletes, the engine is also 3" straight piped (trust me i'm saving for a proper exhaust setup) with both 02 sensors deleted, and now of course the first thing i ordered for it was a Hondata Flashpro.
Little did I realize how complex this software really is! The engine runs strong and solid, but from previous experience with cars, I can tell it's begging for a tune.

I'm extremely new, but very interested in the tuning world.
I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that might be able to help me smooth out this engine for me, or if anyone has a similar basemap / tune they would be willing to send me. Regardless i'll be saving up for some dyno time in the future, when funds are available.

I'm at sea level, if that makes a difference.

I catch on quick. If anyone's willing to help me out a bit or point me in the right direction. Anything & everything's greatly appreciated! Comment or email me at Lee_williams2@hotmail.com.

I can do whatever datalogs needed, or anything that I might be unaware about e-tuning.

Thanks!

2010 FG2
3" SRI
Straight pipe
Skunk 2 cams
Typical breathers / deletes
Hondata Flashpro

P.S -yes I'm aware this setup sounds like a mess, I just really can't afford to fix much at this moment.
EFICU

Re: K20z3 - skunk2 drop in cams, str8 pipe & 3"sri. possible previous basemaps?

Post by EFICU »

So both of the oxygen sensors have been deleted from the exhaust you have in the car now?
RichardFG2

Post by RichardFG2 »

yes, to my knowledge both of them are deleted. I tried to deselect the primary o2 sensor box, and still got a CEL, for the secondary o2 sensor. So i'm assuming the previous owner unplugged or deleted the secondary o2 sensor and /or the bung or unplugged and tucked the sensor up away.
I have yet to jack up the car and see exactly what he used and did for the straight piping. (My excuse is we just got dumped with mass amount of snow, and need to clear out a spot to get it jacked up). I'd try to peek under and see, but its lowered on Skunk2 springs as well so that's not possible.

He did mention to me he used 3" piping, so ill see if that's also true, and how far back that goes.

Regardless I found the option and unchecked both o2 sensors from the Calibration menu, and about to load that tune up. I'll get back and see if that clears the CEL for the secondary o2 sensor, or if there's a different problem.

I got your message EFICU, just then, so I'll also reply back to that as soon as I get some data logging completed.

Thanks, for the quick reply and message. It's greatly appreciated.

,Richard
RichardFG2

Post by RichardFG2 »

but yes, both 02 sensors are coming up as a CEL, so im assuming it has been deleted, or unplugged and replaced with different piping that doesn't have a bung for it.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah send me what you have. If the primary oxygen sensor is disabled or removed, things can be way off and we would need to get that sensor back online for you soon.

Let me know!
RichardFG2

Post by RichardFG2 »

cool, thanks a lot for the help!