Base tune help 8th gen si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

PhyZey

Base tune help 8th gen si

Post by PhyZey »

So idk if this has been covered but right now im just tweaking my air fuel ratio, i have added some fuel already but for some reason it went from a 13.5 to a 14.1. idk what happened so any suggestions on what i should do? i think for now im gonna just run only base without any tweaking till then because im not really comfortable with the AF/R. The car is stock other than a K&N typhoon SRI. Shoot me with any suggestions you guys have.
EFICU

Re: Base tune help 8th gen si

Post by EFICU »

If you want to post up a datalog and the calibration you have been running on, we can make some tweaks for you and get it dialed in.
rallyeredfg2

Post by rallyeredfg2 »

I have the same setup as far as modifications. I only have an Injen SRI. How did the retune work out for ya?
Sanchez FG2
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

rallyeredfg2 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm I have the same setup as far as modifications. I only have an Injen SRI. How did the retune work out for ya?
I never heard from him so I don't have any information on how it turned out for him. If you want some help with tuning just let me know.
rallyeredfg2

Post by rallyeredfg2 »

Oh definitely I’m new to all of this and want to get my car running as best as possible with just the SRI
Sanchez FG2
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

rallyeredfg2 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:50 am Oh definitely I’m new to all of this and want to get my car running as best as possible with just the SRI
Sounds good. So the proper way to tune them is to tune each cam angle individually, it is a little time consuming but it makes for a better tune. This way takes about 12 (give or take a couple) revisions to get it dialed in for you. We can do it the shorter way which is to use a completed file and make the necessary changes for your car, which usually takes 6-8 revisions, depending on how everything goes.

Let me know what you think on which way works best for your schedule. For each revision you will be making 20 minute datalogs, so there is pretty good investment in time from you to make the datalogs and send them to me, which is why I give you both options.
rallyeredfg2

Post by rallyeredfg2 »

Yeah right now I’m on a base map tune and was chasing knock without really knowing want all I was looking for. Can you PM Si I can keep up with the information better
Sanchez FG2
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

My PMs are shut off at the moment. Everything has to be done through the forums sadly.