Display Screen

Place your display templates here with a screen shot of it for previewing.
FreshDA9

Display Screen

Post by FreshDA9 »

has anyone attempted to take a monitor and use the Display from s300 as there MPH RPM and other sensors. i am wanting to do something like this would like any input on where to start. i was thinking of using a 7inch monitor and autometer gauges and taking out my stock cluster.

like this

just with using a touch monitor like this one.
civicbynature

Post by civicbynature »

I'm right there with ya. I have set up a few trial runs of actually what your talking about but, it's a pain to have to set up up ever time you start the car. I'd really like to see dual monitor support. or at least be able to use the display from hondata as an external window.
Project Diamond: 93' Coupe B16a N/A
Project Frankenstein: 91' CRX-SI H22 N/a
Project Master blaster: 96' Hatch K-Series
Project ISIS: 92' Hatch D16y8 WIP
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

what all have you done with this? i was wondering on how i would build something that would house windows xp to run the program and an output so we can send it to the monitor.
turbo-2nr

Post by turbo-2nr »

how do you get it to play on a external screen, i have a 2 year old lap top that the screen cracked, and i can plug it to a desk top but can figure out how to get it to work on my in dash for s300
civicbynature

Post by civicbynature »

as of yet. there is no way to use in a separate window. less you use a clone monitor feature. course this is not what your asking for.

There are how ever ways to write some simple programs to use the data from smanager. Using some simple programs i can link data from smanager to my visual program on other monitor. Sadly however i can not share any of my such breakthroughs as this would break legal's with hondata. so plz don't ask. as i will not even reply to such requests. But if you have time and the ability to code. the world is at your finger tips.

Perhaps one day smanager will simply add a float window option...
Project Diamond: 93' Coupe B16a N/A
Project Frankenstein: 91' CRX-SI H22 N/a
Project Master blaster: 96' Hatch K-Series
Project ISIS: 92' Hatch D16y8 WIP
Martian

Post by Martian »

I was planning on purchasing a 7" touch screen, then having my laptop default to it when connected. Load the program, open display and press F11. Should work well enough I think. Problem is finding a touchscreen with a good contrast ratio that doesn't break the bank.
thank you, thank you, I'm here all week
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

yea im not sure if im still gonna do this setup or not will find out once i get money to build my motor.