Check Engine light no error code!

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
ecronic

Check Engine light no error code!

Post by ecronic »

Hi All,
So I've been e-tuning my B16A Delsol with a friend in Germany. Very basic he send me the calibration I datalog and send him back.

Up until yesterday everything was running fine. The calibration he sent me today showed me a check engine light right from key in the accessories position, rpm was at 1500 even when the car was already warmed up just 5mins before I decided to go for a drive and datalog. The car was revving slightly on its own. AFR was of course going rich to lean as well.

Now in the s300 manager, none of the gauges worked i.e. AFR, bat voltage, IAT, ECT etc. I made sure the datalog record was switched on. Only the graph was working.

The temp on the dash gauge was normal so I decided to open the bonnet and have a look. It was really hot. So I looked around and noticed the top radiator hose that connects to the head was leaking from the head side. Still haven't identified the reason for leakage. But could this be the issue?

I still don't understand why would the s300 manager gauges work coz of this. And if the check engine light is on, why isn't there a error code on the s300?

Any help is appreciated guys.
Thanks.
Thanks & Regards
------------------------------
Ecronic
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Check Engine light no error code!

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number that is on the s300 board inside the ECU?

From Help, About, what I the version of software you are using?

I would recommend that you fix any leaks and check to make sure that the head gasket is not damaged.
ecronic

Post by ecronic »

Spunkster wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:40 am What is the serial number that is on the s300 board inside the ECU?

From Help, About, what I the version of software you are using?

I would recommend that you fix any leaks and check to make sure that the head gasket is not damaged.
Will check these and reply back.
The tuner sent me a new map. He's added 5% more fuel as it was lean. Just uploaded the map and everything is back to normal the way it should be.
I have a voltage difference in the afr readings of .2-.3 i.e. when the gauge shows 14:1 my s300 manager shows 13.7-13.8:1
My gauge is grounded directly to the ECU ground. Do you suppose I should re-ground it to the thermostat?
Thanks & Regards
Ecronic
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would not make any changes unless your etuner recommends it.
ecronic

Post by ecronic »

Everything is working as it should. There seems to be a grounding problem with my car as I shifted my ground wire for the wideband from ECU pin to the thermostat body and I still need to set a -0.25 voltage offset.
I have coolant leak and minor oil leak as well so will be fixing that too.

Thanks for replying Spunkster.
Thanks & Regards
Ecronic