I need help with a tune that I recently got please

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
DTC92_EK

I need help with a tune that I recently got please

Post by DTC92_EK »

Hello, I have serious issues with my setup! Things do not add up at all!
-gsr stock bore block
-12.5 cp pistons
-eagle rods, acl race bearing
-arp head studs and rod bolts
-new oil pump and many other parts

-ctr head (ported)
-farerra valves
-replaced LMA's
-brian crower springs and retainers
-440cc injectors
-supertec valve seals
-skunk2 pro2 cams

-edit: the fuel system is upgraded- AEM 320LPH Fuel pump, AEM Fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator
exhaust system is 2.5 inch (from headers back going through res. and muffler)

Now when I drive the car it is pretty responsive but I know its lacking (feels slower than the b16 that I used to have with a gsr transmission). The car seems ready to let loose in the low end but once vtec is to engage, you can feel a mean dip and then you feel the car struggle( and this is after the tune, I never opened up the car before the tune. I drove the car roughly 70 miles to get it tuned after getting it started and I never went over 3k rpm).

I know the issue is not with the motor because I have have tried tune on three other s300 ecu's (two different ecu's on my motor setup and the same thing happens and one time on a friends car setup that is nearly identical to my setup and the dip near vtec was experienced on setup also.) I even tried multiple different distributors (obd1(with a jumper harness) and obd2) and the same thing occurs.

I looked over a few things on the tune that I got and I see a dip on the high speed ignition table (I will attach a file of the tune that I received). I don't know what to do and any help is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah I almost forgot to add that the setup only made 174 whp and 129 ft-lb torque (really really depressing numbers)

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by DTC92_EK on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
throwdown

Re: I need help with a tune that I recently got please

Post by throwdown »

have you double checked your mechanical timing?
DTC92_EK

Post by DTC92_EK »

throwdown wrote:have you double checked your mechanical timing?
Yeah, I check that multiple times and I had a mechanic look over the timing for me aswell.

If you download the map and look at in smanager, you'll see a dip in the 4k rpm range for the ignition timing. I don't know if that is alright (I'm 100% sure that's an issue, but idk what would cause that)
whoknows?

Post by whoknows? »

i may be mistaken but i dont see the download for the tune.
DTC92_EK

Post by DTC92_EK »

whoknows? wrote:i may be mistaken but i dont see the download for the tune.
I'm going to post a screenshot of where the concern is when I get to my computer with the file. I had the file up and it had quite a few downloads but no suggestions for what could be the cause.
whoknows?

Post by whoknows? »

post the whole file if you can
DTC92_EK

Post by DTC92_EK »

Hello, I am still having issues with the setup I have stated above. If anyone could take a look and guide me in the right direction that would be great! Thank you. Here is my tune attached.
Attachments
Tune.skl
(42.03 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Zperformance

Post by Zperformance »

hmm... whoever your tuner is didn't even change your deadtime from 240cc to 440cc :/

Maybe someone with more experience can shine in but i prefer dialing in the deadtime of the injector in before even start tuning.

Not sure why but your low cam right before vtec hit timing is bit higher then your vtec map. From my experience timing gradually climb as rev climb but this one peaks out right before vtec engage then drop back down. That can be an reason of power loss as the timing is more conservative uptop.
DTC92_EK

Post by DTC92_EK »

Zperformance wrote:hmm... whoever your tuner is didn't even change your deadtime from 240cc to 440cc :/

Maybe someone with more experience can shine in but i prefer dialing in the deadtime of the injector in before even start tuning.

Not sure why but your low cam right before vtec hit timing is bit higher then your vtec map. From my experience timing gradually climb as rev climb but this one peaks out right before vtec engage then drop back down. That can be an reason of power loss as the timing is more conservative uptop.
The car was dyno tuned on 93 pump gas multiply times with minor bolt on upgrades each time. And thank you for pointing out the injector deadtime. This is crazy. Thanks for the help and insight, its greatly appreciated!
Zperformance

Post by Zperformance »

You can test this revised map of your tune out and see how it does. The only thing i did was lower timing and smooth the powerband out. Let me know how it drives. It would be best if you have a wideband and give me feedback of what your afr look like.
Attachments
Tune.skl
*I will not be responsible for any damage*
(42.11 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
DTC92_EK

Post by DTC92_EK »

Zperformance wrote:You can test this revised map of your tune out and see how it does. The only thing i did was lower timing and smooth the powerband out. Let me know how it drives. It would be best if you have a wideband and give me feedback of what your afr look like.
Thanks, I'm gonna give it a shot and tell you how it goes later today
304_RO

Post by 304_RO »

Any update on this?
DTC92_EK

Post by DTC92_EK »

My apologies for the late reply. I got the car tuned somewhere else and made 201whp and 142trq. The numbers are still a little bit of a disappointment. The car did run a heck lot better though. I got rid of that setup and went k series
jamaljoseph268

Post by jamaljoseph268 »

i have a similar build but with pct type r pistons. made less torque but same hp as you. do you still have the correct tune you made 201hp with?