Not Happy With My Tune

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
mitsuman

Not Happy With My Tune

Post by mitsuman »

So I got my car tuned last night. Overall experience was not so great.

Mid tune, my tuner thought my clutch was slipping. Told me he was done, nothing we could do. We let it cool down, and gave it another run. Then he said he felt like the spark was blowing out, so we gapped them down to .020. made another run, and made more power no slip. So it wasn’t my clutch. Then I asked him if he was doing the fuel first, then timing. He said no, I already set timing .

I also must add,that my tuner was going off hondata AFR which was showing leaner than my wideband. He was showing 11.2-11.5 WOT on s300, and my wide band was 10.2 or so. WTF. I brought this up and told him that my gauge is going to be more accurate, and him and the other guy their said that the gauges go out all the time and he would rather err on the side of caution.. makes no sense as its pulling the dam AFR from that same sensor.

The other guy kept bashing on my turbo because it was so small. He said if i had a gt30 it would spool way faster and make more power. we got into this debate about twin scroll, and he said it doesnt help with spool, it only helps with top end. and im pretty sure he was the owner. not impressed.

This was some issues, amongst others...

Can you guys take a look at this tune? When I left, I got on it and it seems extremely laggy. I don’t feel it really START going until 4500 which doesnt feel right for my evo 8 turbo and properly divided manifold, and he set my rev limiter to 7k??. So, after 1 pull, I decided to put on my det can and take a listen, very heavy detonation!

HELP

set up:

d16z6
vitara/custom length rods
stock head
evo 8 turbo
600cc injectors

tuned to 23lbs...

thanks guys
Attachments
351whp_251trq.skl
(36.02 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
hpmx18

Re: Not Happy With My Tune

Post by hpmx18 »

is possible you can post a picture of the dyno graph from first pull to last pull
LGMotoring
IG:Lgmotoring
Lgmotoring.com
mitsuman

Post by mitsuman »

hpmx18 wrote:is possible you can post a picture of the dyno graph from first pull to last pull

sorry for the bad picture. only have the last run. they didnt have a printer and deleted all the other runs.
Attachments
dyno graph.jpg
dyno graph.jpg (618.43 KiB) Viewed 3796 times
hpmx18

Post by hpmx18 »

do you have a datalog of the car
LGMotoring
Lgmotoring.com
mitsuman

Post by mitsuman »

hpmx18 wrote:do you have a datalog of the car
i can get one, but its pinging so bad im scared to get on it.
mitsuman

Post by mitsuman »

mitsuman wrote:
hpmx18 wrote:do you have a datalog of the car
i can get one, but its pinging so bad im scared to get on it.
please read this for anyone thinking about tuning at import auto pros . david ripped me off.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-m ... -tune.html

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3169441
hpmx18

Post by hpmx18 »

wow i read the post and glad refund was issued just sad that it had to go that far if only it was done correctly the first time in my opinion
LGMotoring
Lgmotoring.com