D16Z6 Need a break in tune

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
BoostmyD

D16Z6 Need a break in tune

Post by BoostmyD »

I have stock d16z6 crank p2p0 rods vitara pistons ferrea turbo valvetrain speedfactory camgear 70mm intake t/b fed by a emusa gt35 turbo. (Front mount 8inches off mani) emusa wastegate and bov 3 ohm 1000cc injectors walbro 255 clutch is rated for 315hp arp head studs 3 layer steel head gasket. All help is appreciated!!! Looking for a reliable tune to start and idle the car, walk through check for leaks and listen to the engine before bringing to be tuned. Thank you everyone!!
located in rhode island any s300 brainiacs around this way get in touch thank you!
CalibratEd

Re: D16Z6 Need a break in tune

Post by CalibratEd »

Post the tune file you are currently running and a datalog. I can help you out. Do you have a wideband?

-Ed
BoostmyD

Post by BoostmyD »

I have a aem wideband, I have yet to start or even crank the motor yet.i figured I would want a tune. I'm currently held up at work and will not be around my car again untill Sunday I usually only get a day or 2 a week at my house. Sorry for the delay in message. Thank you alot Ed I'm hopping to get back to you asap!!
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

BoostmyD wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:53 pm I have a aem wideband, I have yet to start or even crank the motor yet.i figured I would want a tune. I'm currently held up at work and will not be around my car again untill Sunday I usually only get a day or 2 a week at my house. Sorry for the delay in message. Thank you alot Ed I'm hopping to get back to you asap!!
Sounds good. I can put a basemap together but we are going to need the wideband to tune. What brand are your injectors?
Also, if you plan to get it tuned it would not hurt to ask your tuner for a base map to get you to their shop.

-Ed
BoostmyD

Post by BoostmyD »

The brand is called mostplus it was off ebay.... Is that alright or should I be looking for something else. Also I have not found any shops around me that tune hondata just random people but I will look into asking that next time. And the wideband i will be using is an aem uego (30-4110).
BoostmyD

Post by BoostmyD »

also it has a lightweight flywheel about a 3rd of the oem weight
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

BoostmyD wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:53 pm The brand is called mostplus it was off ebay.... Is that alright or should I be looking for something else. Also I have not found any shops around me that tune hondata just random people but I will look into asking that next time. And the wideband i will be using is an aem uego (30-4110).
With off brand injectors the tune might need a little extra work seeing as we do not have injector dead times. I always mention to people who plan to get tuned to first reach out to their tuner. I do not mind helping out or Etuning but knowing the car owner's goals lets me know how in depth i need to get with the tune.

Do you have the wideband hooked up to hondata and have you synced the ignition timing? These two components are crucial for tuning this platform.

-Ed
BoostmyD

Post by BoostmyD »

I was gonna clock the timing on the first start up. And no I have not hooked up the wideband to hondata uet, I will splice it into the ecu asap. I still don't have exhaust installed. Small things I still need to do when i achieve the time.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

BoostmyD wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:42 pm I was gonna clock the timing on the first start up. And no I have not hooked up the wideband to hondata uet, I will splice it into the ecu asap. I still don't have exhaust installed. Small things I still need to do when i achieve the time.
OK, sounds good.

-Ed
BoostmyD

Post by BoostmyD »

Hey Ed long time no talk. I was wondering if you could still throw something together for me for a basemap to drive to tuners. I installed wideband, and like I stated before I will adjust timing with first start.
Specs
1000cc injectors low impedance I use dw 1000s timing.
4 bar hondata
no iacv
70mm intake
Gt35 turbo
Hood dump.
Vitara pistons p2po rods oem crank npr bearings arp headstuds ferrea turbo valve train anything else needed let me know
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

BoostmyD wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:52 pm Hey Ed long time no talk. I was wondering if you could still throw something together for me for a basemap to drive to tuners. I installed wideband, and like I stated before I will adjust timing with first start.
Specs
1000cc injectors low impedance I use dw 1000s timing.
4 bar hondata
no iacv
70mm intake
Gt35 turbo
Hood dump.
Vitara pistons p2po rods oem crank npr bearings arp headstuds ferrea turbo valve train anything else needed let me know

Boost,

I can put something together over the weekend. Do you have a map you are already running?

-Ed
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Give this a try and let me know how it goes. We might have to do a few revisions to get it idling well.

-Ed
Attachments
Base_BoostmyD.skl
(49.59 KiB) Downloaded 210 times