RSX Base Manual, Help Please

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
Eg0K20A3

RSX Base Manual, Help Please

Post by Eg0K20A3 »

I'm new to the import world. I totaled my Jeep Wrangler and decided to get something w/ better gas mileage and I stumbled across an RSX base that fit my price range and wasn't to harsh on the insurance premiums. So to make a long story short I became immediately interested in tuning my car. So far I've done very mild modding to it. Injen intake w/ Yokohoma tires to start. And a small audio system. But here is my problem: I've been trying to decide if I want nitrous or a hondata ECU reflash for my car. And whatever answers I get from the next few questions will probablly help me make my decision.

Since I want to install the ECU reflash in my car w/ very low amounts of mods to it, will the ECU still help get better gains (as opposed to expected gains w/o the flash upgrade) if I install headers/exhaust after the ECU install?

Will this ECU reflash void my warranty at all?

Are there any other dealers that send out for Hondata ECU flashes besides the ones listed on hondata's website?

What are the dangers/possibilities that I will have to pay more money to get it reflashed if something goes wrong w/ it or if it accidently gets messed up by my acura when servicing my car?

If there is anything else that I left out that I should consider, please let me know. Also the reason why I'm looking into ECU flash instead of nitrous is because I know nitrous will void my warranty and I understand the dangers of using nitrous, esp on a low budget such as mine. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanx all!
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

I choose N2O as a last resort power adder. When you have a large turbocharger and need quick spool up or low end I MAY recommend it. Nitrous in my books is junk but to each his own. The system will give you added power with a significant compromise in reliability. Small displacement engines could give you very little gains on nitrous (50-100 hp). larger displacement engines could give you a lot more gains (150+) while still maintaining reliability.

A reflash could result in power gains for you RSX, however, if in future you were to add any other power adder you could throw off the tuning and would require a reflash. I would recommend you complete the bolt-ons like the header and exhaust and then get the reflash. And stay away from the laughing gas.

Joe.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
Eg0K20A3

Post by Eg0K20A3 »

Thanx Joe! Now I was thinking about taking out a loan from the bank and buying myself a Turbo Kit from Greddy for my base model when they come out with it. Any advice on that?