Need help with hondata

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
quik1

Need help with hondata

Post by quik1 »

I installed a hondata s200 in my car last night, the problem is that the light on the box turns off and on erratically, except when just the ignition is switched but the car is off then it stays on. The car runs fine and is not in limp mode because I can rev it up too hondata redline. The dealer can't tune it right now because when the light turns off he can't data log. Sometimes the light will stay on for a longer time (about 45 seconds) then I'll give it allot of gas and the light will turn off. It is not the box, ecu or the chip because we have tried different ones. It seems to me like its a wiring problem but I don't know where to start.
quik1

Post by quik1 »

Alright a little update. This is one of the strangest electrical problems i've seen. The light on the box stays on when the hood is up, but when I close the hood the light on the box turns off.WTF. The light turns off right when the hood touches the latch so I took the latch of went for a drive and everything was ok. Does anyone have any suggestion on what my problem might be, i've tried moveing the ground strap that is on the rad support but that didn't work.
DaX

Post by DaX »

Sounds like SOME kind of weird ground situation. Check ALL your engine grounds.
quik1

Post by quik1 »

Hey dax thanks for the reply and suggestion. I think i've checked them all but I might be forgetting one. You can actually see a small spark on the latch when closeing the hood I am stumped it seems like i have tries everything I need a fresh mind.
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

You probably have a bad negative cable. Replace it and use the HKS hyper ground system in conjunction with it as well.

Joe.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
quik1

Post by quik1 »

I checked all the ground connections and they were fine. The latest test that I did was to take all the fuses out but the ones that I needed to run my car but the problem didn't go away so I know its something that has to do with the sensors somthing electrical on the engine itself. Also the other night I took off my hood and drove the car around, the light went off a couple of times when I did a hard launch but it didn't turn off nearly as much as before. Any other suggestions?
quik1

Post by quik1 »

I figured out the problem it was the spark plug wires they were making a lot of RF and I guess it screwed with the box. Now I can go get it tuned.