How to use new S100 EPROM

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
AndreasC

How to use new S100 EPROM

Post by AndreasC »

Hello,

I would be very thankful if someone can provide me with some info on the current version of the S100.
I received an Hondata OBD1 socketed ECU but instead of the usual black 27SF512 I got a green version looking like a small board.

1. There are some male pins with this new EPROM version, however these are too thick to fit into the socket which was soldered in the ECU, how is that supposed to work together?
2. Is it correct that s100 board (the newer version which is longer than the previous) does only work with this new version of the EPROM? I tried to use it as an interim solution with the Romulator, but that does not work.
3. How is the new EPROM being programmed? Just put in the male pins and burn as usual with the pocket programmer?

Is there anything else that should be known/done?

Thanks a lot in advance gents.

Andreas
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: How to use new S100 EPROM

Post by Spunkster »

The ECU must be resocketed with the male pins, this makes the socketing for an s300 work with the EEPROM work as well.

This is just a surface mount EEPROM mounted on a board so that it can be used in older applications.

You plrogram it just like an other 27SF512 chip: http://www.hondata.com/tech27sf512.html
AndreasC

Post by AndreasC »

Thank you very much Spunkster
AndreasC

Post by AndreasC »

Spunkster, one more question please.

Once the ECU was re-socketed with male pins, how would one be able to re-flash the EEPROM again with new calibrations? The programmer needs male pins to connect to the EEPROM. I guess I need to purchase another set of male pins, plug them into the EEPROM and then burn, right?
Or is there any way to access the EEPROM via RomEditor and "save" as with the S300?

Thanks again in advance Spunkster.

Andreas
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will need a set of male pins to put in the eeprom and then stick that into the programmer and program as you normally would.