car went into limp mode, now hondata wont power up?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
james_moore

car went into limp mode, now hondata wont power up?

Post by james_moore »

I have a 98 civic with a b16a swap and a jackson racing supercharger. A week ago my map sensor became disconnected. my car went into limp mode and ran like crap. After a few days of diagnosing is when i noticed that the map sensor was off. I reconnected it and disconnected the battery for 5 minutes to reset the system. When i reconnected the battery, it then ran great, idled great, but it is still in limp mode. Now it wont rev past 4k rpm's and it cuts out at boost. i looked at my hondata s200 and noticed the light is not on anymore.

I dont know a whole lot when it comes to the hondata unit, I do know that the 4wire harness is in good condition, has a sturdy connection and when i take the chip out of the box, everything looks great. I removed the cover from the ecu and same thing, everything looks and feels great.

I was wondering if there may be a fuse i may want to check out. maybe some advice on my process of elimination to diagnos my issue.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions given the information i have provided, if any more info is needed i will be more than happy to help anybody help me.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: car went into limp mode, now hondata wont power up?

Post by Spunkster »

Check continuity on all 4 wires of the interface cable.
james_moore

Re: car went into limp mode, now hondata wont power up?

Post by james_moore »

I checked continuity and the cable is fine. I borrowed a friends Neptune Demon and his works fine in my car. I decided to upgrade to s300 and will be placing the order next week.