Pocket Programmer 2 Problem!

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
LDLSPEED

Pocket Programmer 2 Problem!

Post by LDLSPEED »

I installed the Pocket Programmer 2 (PPII) v1.97 and verified that the program and the programmer worked on my older desktop.

Now to the problem: When using my laptop, i bought a db25 to USB adapter because i do not have the required port on my laptop. The usb device uses the COM port settings and from what i can tell, the PPII only detects devices on the LPT 1,2, and 3 ports. There are no menus available in the program to change recognition from the LPT to COM ports. What can i do to make my laptop and the program recognize the PPII device?

Thanks in advance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

To my knowledge you cannot use the pocket programmer on anything but LTP1 and LPT2. You may want to contact Transtronics for further details or assistance.
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

The pocket programmer is designed to communicate with a parallel port. If your USB adapter is showing up as a COM port, then what you have is a USB to serial port adapter. This will not work, even if it's DB25.

Go find a USB to parallel (printer port) adapter instead.

-Andy
'99 EBP Si
S200 w/everything|12psi JRSC|Heatshield
AEM CAI|Kamikaze headers
Custom (quiet) 2.5" exhaust
Quaife LSD|JUN 9lb flywheel|ACT XTSS clutch
Eibach Pro-Kit/KYB AGX
Full polyurethane bushings/mounts
OZ 16x7 Superleggera + Sumi HTR Z II
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

Since you don't have a parallel port I would really recommend you use the romulator with a USB to serial Keyspan adaptor. Then once you are done tuning you can copy the file to a USB drive and transfer it to a desktop.Then write the program to a chip once you have the desktop setup with the programmer. I don't even use the pocket programmer with my laptop much any more.

Joe.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer