aem 5 bar problem

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
D@nny

aem 5 bar problem

Post by D@nny »

Since I updated my software whenever I downshift or the motor pulls heavy vacuum the ecu throws a code for the map sensor and wont rev. cycle the key and it drives fine until it happens again. aem 5 bar map sensor. was something changed in the update 1.4 because it ran fine before. do you guys have a new scalar and offset for this sensor?
D@nny

Post by D@nny »

I looked at your scalar anf offset equation- for aem 5 bar

min voltage and pressure is .5 volts = -1013 mbar

max voltage and pressure = 4.5 = 4157.5 mbar

range 4.0 volts

pressure range = 3144

so the scalar and off set should be 786 and -393

but this gives incorrect pressure readings -voltage so it is incorrect. any advice?
D@nny

Post by D@nny »

figuring the sensor gives 18.723 psi per volt then the scalar would be 1290mbar 1290 multiplied by.5 volts would be -645 offset and then the numbers are correct.
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

I have the same issue w/ this 5 bar map. Why can hondata just answer this type of questions instead of giving you puzzles.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We provide the means to calculate the scalar and offset for any MAP sensor. See the help file
According to the information for the AEM 5 bar the scalar and offset is 1289 and -639.

However, if you're having problems as described then it could be an issue other than using the correct scalar and offset.
Hondata
cranny

Post by cranny »

if it ran fine and all he did was update Smanager , than i think its safe to assume its a software issue. but , cooincidental car problems are far from unheard of for sure.
boostedcivicsir

Post by boostedcivicsir »

d@nny, fwiw, i had an issue where the map would peg 65psi positive pressure when cycling the key, you may have the opposite effect, mine was a bad pin in the pigtail. may or may not be your issue but it may be worth looking at.

also i found the map is more stable and accurate when not mounted to the engine. mine is now in an a-del clamp bolted to the firewall.