Problems with boost control 56k I hope not.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
narfdanarf

Problems with boost control 56k I hope not.

Post by narfdanarf »

I had a local dealer install the PWM boost components into my ECU. It doesn't work. I can go in the software and completely disable the boost control output and it still sends a negative signal to my boost solenoid. I'm using the normally closed MAC valve so basically I'd be hitting as much boost as my turbo would make which is not what I want :P I've tried personally replacing the Large transistor, and the resistors because people have told me that sometimes they go bad, but I still have the same problem. As soon as the ignition switch is turned on, I get a negative output to the solenoid from pin A11. I am really starting to get frustrated here. Other people have told me some ECU's are just messed up and it won't work on that ECU, I refuse to believe this, because that shit just doesn't make sense. I am using a p28 that was made in 1995 if that helps any. Everything else works great, I can datalog with no problems, upload/download cals, ect.
Last edited by narfdanarf on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post good quality close-up pictures of the components that have been installed.
narfdanarf

Post by narfdanarf »

Super High Res. Shots

edit: pics removed due to problem being fixed. If you want to see the pics, email me: narfdanarf@gmail.com
Last edited by narfdanarf on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boosted hybrid

Post by boosted hybrid »

Out of 50+ ecus that i have added the boost hardware to, i have had 2 of them not work. Both times the large transistor that gets installed was bad. I would desolder the old one, put the new one on and everything would work properly. I know that it was not a solder problem, as the only change was the component.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may have put too much heat into the large transistor causing internal damage to that component. Order another component kit and swap it out.
narfdanarf

Post by narfdanarf »

When I redid the large transistor I made sure not to put too much heat into it, I could hold onto it with my fingers the whole time no problem. Just wanted to clear that up.

However we did get it fixed today, apparently the q20 transistor was bad. I am not sure if it was the wrong one, or if it got to hot during install, but we replaced it and it works great now. :D