Setting D16Y8 timing

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
sql_civic

Setting D16Y8 timing

Post by sql_civic »

I'm using the P28 calibration as a starting point for tuning my D16Y8. How do you recommend setting the base timing? The base timing for a Y8 is 12 degrees. Do I adjust the dizzy to match 12 or 16 degrees? Are any adjustments to the timing map needed?

BTW - After downloading the latest version that corrects the inverted loading of the voltage/lambda map I notice that the "/psi calculation setting for MAP no longer works. Basically "/psi seems to have the same value as ".
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Go to Help, Contents, and search for "set timing". Read the topic "Set Ignition Timing". It will explain exactly what to do.

The set timing fuction is found in the Online menu.
sql_civic

Post by sql_civic »

Thanks Spunkster, but I've already read the help and I know how to run the command.

Let me try to re-phrase my question.

When you invoke the set timing form it comes up set at 16 degrees.

Since the base timing of the D16Y8 is normally at 12 degrees, do I change the set timing form to 12 and leave the dizzy alone or rotate the dizzy to match the 16 degrees shown?

Or...

Do I set the timing in Hondata to 12 and then using a timing light adjust the dizzy to match?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

sql_civic wrote:set the timing in Hondata to 12 and then using a timing light adjust the dizzy to match