s300 newest version v1.3.3? problem

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
penoi_cavite

s300 newest version v1.3.3? problem

Post by penoi_cavite »

Recently i was perfectly running on a v1.2.9 of the Smanager. And as a matter of fact, I get through the emission testing using that old version. But eventually last night when I was checking for updates, I came across these latest version V 1.3.3 which I downloaded.

So then early this morning, I was excited to upload this version into the ECU. But something happen right after uploading it ; THE AFR suddenly becomes very lean while the ECT isn't up to normal operating temp yet. And when the engine gets past the normal temp, the afr gets very lean and the engine dies out.. Cant figure out what went wrong. From a less perferctly running car yesterday now she wont even idle properly. even i tried to uplaod thesame map Am currently using.

If spunkster is reading this, or anyone with thesame experience, please i need ur help very badly. No competent honda tuner around here.

Thank u gurus...
We kotingting Eneting.....
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Check your temperature compensation tables. Post your calibration here if you wish.
Hondata
civicbynature

Post by civicbynature »

If that doesn't help. Then a datalog or config. would help us examine your problem.
QUICKSILVER RACING

Re: s300 newest version v1.3.3? problem

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

penoi_cavite wrote:Recently i was perfectly running on a v1.2.9 of the Smanager. And as a matter of fact, I get through the emission testing using that old version. But eventually last night when I was checking for updates, I came across these latest version V 1.3.3 which I downloaded.

So then early this morning, I was excited to upload this version into the ECU. But something happen right after uploading it ; THE AFR suddenly becomes very lean while the ECT isn't up to normal operating temp yet. And when the engine gets past the normal temp, the afr gets very lean and the engine dies out.. Cant figure out what went wrong. From a less perferctly running car yesterday now she wont even idle properly. even i tried to uplaod thesame map Am currently using.

If spunkster is reading this, or anyone with thesame experience, please i need ur help very badly. No competent honda tuner around here.

Thank u gurus...
Check the ECT.c in the datalogged sensors. I remember when your compensation would become -50% even if it says 0% in the fuel compensation table. It was caused by a bad basemap.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
penoi_cavite

Re: s300 newest version v1.3.3? problem

Post by penoi_cavite »

QUICKSILVER RACING wrote:
penoi_cavite wrote:Recently i was perfectly running on a v1.2.9 of the Smanager. And as a matter of fact, I get through the emission testing using that old version. But eventually last night when I was checking for updates, I came across these latest version V 1.3.3 which I downloaded.

Thank u gurus...
Check the ECT.c in the datalogged sensors. I remember when your compensation would become -50% even if it says 0% in the fuel compensation table. It was caused by a bad basemap.
Thank you bossing.....hehehehe

You're here aswell(nice to to c u hre)

Well anyway everything has been sorted out now. I made a new calibration and deleted all the previous map am using. working fine now. just have to start with street tuning all over again...

Thanks to all....cheers..
We kotingting Eneting.....
JITU

Post by JITU »

Did not want to start a separate thread,
Had a similar but different problem, till yesterday the setup was running fine in earlier version, yesterday night i updated to newer version & uploaded in ecu next morning, the car starts & after few minutes just dies. nothing happens, no error message, no check light, nothing.eventually i had to setup a new calibration with this version & uploaded, and it worked fine.
but i noticed few things in main screen where
>Tables>parameters>Sensor>>Display<<Graph>Error code
The display option doesnt shows all the options which were earlier i mean we had an option in sensors to select which one you want for display thats not there in this version. it would be better if that can be incorporated.

today i tried changing my w.b input from D10ELD to D12EGRL, the software was not detecting any wideband input! it was working fine with D10 in earlier version, i will revert back to d10 tomorrow & see if it reads wideband with this version. Mine is a JDM P30 ECM
Cheap and reliable wont be fast, cheap and fast wont be reliable, reliable and fast wont be cheap.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

JITU wrote:Did not want to start a separate thread,
Had a similar but different problem, till yesterday the setup was running fine in earlier version, yesterday night i updated to newer version & uploaded in ecu next morning, the car starts & after few minutes just dies. nothing happens, no error message, no check light, nothing.eventually i had to setup a new calibration with this version & uploaded, and it worked fine.
but i noticed few things in main screen where
>Tables>parameters>Sensor>>Display<<Graph>Error code
The display option doesnt shows all the options which were earlier i mean we had an option in sensors to select which one you want for display thats not there in this version. it would be better if that can be incorporated.

today i tried changing my w.b input from D10ELD to D12EGRL, the software was not detecting any wideband input! it was working fine with D10 in earlier version, i will revert back to d10 tomorrow & see if it reads wideband with this version. Mine is a JDM P30 ECM
From the Help file (Help, Contents): "Pin D12 can be used as a 0-5V analog input. Note that the ECU must have a 0.1uF capacitor in C42 for the ECU to read the voltage correctly. "

As for the display, it is now completely user configurable. For details see the topic "Display Window" in the Help file.
JITU

Post by JITU »

Spunkster wrote: From the Help file (Help, Contents): "Pin D12 can be used as a 0-5V analog input. Note that the ECU must have a 0.1uF capacitor in C42 for the ECU to read the voltage correctly. "
Will check that but have installed noise filtering capacitor close to input.
Spunkster wrote: As for the display, it is now completely user configurable. For details see the topic "Display Window" in the Help file.
just checked & setup new gauges, Its awesome!!!

Thanks
Spunkster
Cheap and reliable wont be fast, cheap and fast wont be reliable, reliable and fast wont be cheap.