new firmware

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Preccord00

new firmware

Post by Preccord00 »

What was changed?

I searched, didn't find anything about what the new firmware actually changed.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

"Improved on board datalogging when memory is full and also externally datalogging."
Hondata
Preccord00

Post by Preccord00 »

I just figured that was smanager related since they wern't seperated in the help file.

here's my next question. how long should it take to install the new firmware? mine just sits there, I've sat there and waited up to 10 minutes for it to install, it just sits there and the screen dosn't update.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Not that long. What, exactly, is on the screen? How far through does it get? What do the lights on the S300 do when you switch it on?
Hondata
Preccord00

Post by Preccord00 »

I load my map configuration from the hard drive like I normally do, I connect to it with the lightening bolt and I get the datalog information going, I start an upload and it says it has to update the firmware, I hit OK since that's the only option I have and then a firmware update screen pops up with a bar showing the percentage of the install, it just sits there without any of the bar filling up, and nothing happens.

I'll pull the ECU out into view next time I do it to see what it's doing.
I have my car set up to look stock so I ran the USB cable through the dash to my laptop so I could datalog without having to open up the flooring.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Rather than loading your old calibration, first try going to File, New and loading a stock calibration and then letting the firmware update. IF this works, just upload your calibration after the firmware updates.
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

Spunkster wrote:Rather than loading your old calibration, first try going to File, New and loading a stock calibration and then letting the firmware update. IF this works, just upload your calibration after the firmware updates.
mark3000 wrote:Same thing here, with or without a file loaded. Just hangs on the update.

Just tried again and got a message (after about 30 minutes) "the setup files are corrupt, please download again"....
Preccord00

Post by Preccord00 »

mark3000 wrote:
Spunkster wrote:Rather than loading your old calibration, first try going to File, New and loading a stock calibration and then letting the firmware update. IF this works, just upload your calibration after the firmware updates.
mark3000 wrote:Same thing here, with or without a file loaded. Just hangs on the update.

Just tried again and got a message (after about 30 minutes) "the setup files are corrupt, please download again"....
next time you try it, do exactly as I'm about to explain.

file; new; choose proper calibration;
this should allow you to push the up arrow, press the up arrow and it'll ask to update the firmware, click OK and it will begin to update as it's suppose to.

For some reason it dosn't like updating the firmware while you're dataloging, which is the only way to upload when using a modified calibration.

Thanks for the tip Spunk, this resolved my issue.
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

nice, it worked, thanks!!!!!!!!!!