plx with s300?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jdmboostedh23a

plx with s300?

Post by jdmboostedh23a »

ok guys I think I got this right, I just want to double check before I attempt to do it.. on my plx I only use the white wire and connect it to the ELD input and dont connect the gray wire, and then run it in open loop.. is this right?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

jdmboostedh23a

Post by jdmboostedh23a »

yeah I know that, but can I just connect the wire only to the ELD input instead of the the stock o2..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can do that, but it kind of defeats the purpose. You want to be able to run in closed loop.
jdmboostedh23a

Post by jdmboostedh23a »

oh ok I think I got now, correct me if I'm wrong

1st connect the wideband wire to the ELD input on the ecu
2nd use the plug off of my dead o2 sensor then put a 1k risister on the 2 black wires and connect the narrow band wire to the white wire lleave the green wire alone on the plug, then connect it the o2 heater. and I'm done..

I hope this is right :oops:
jdmboostedh23a

Post by jdmboostedh23a »

^^^

is that how it's installed? I want to install it today
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

sounds right, like the instructions say.
crxrocks

Post by crxrocks »

jdmboostedh23a wrote:oh ok I think I got now, correct me if I'm wrong

1st connect the wideband wire to the ELD input on the ecu
2nd use the plug off of my dead o2 sensor then put a 1k risister on the 2 black wires and connect the narrow band wire to the white wire lleave the green wire alone on the plug, then connect it the o2 heater. and I'm done..

I hope this is right :oops:
You are using the resistor to fake out the O2 heater circuit, right? Is there a reason you don't just disable the O2 sensor heater in SManager? This is how I am running mine.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post.
jdmboostedh23a

Post by jdmboostedh23a »

yeah I know you can disable it in s300, but I want to know how to connect the PLX wideband with the s300. I just want to use it when it's getting tune on open loop, I already have a 2nd bug for my wideband so I dont want too replace my stock one, I want both of them.. but from what I'm understanding that if I just want to use it for tuning I just connect the white wire from my wideband to my ELD input wire so I can data log it open loop. is this right? or how did you connect yours?
crxrocks

Post by crxrocks »

I used the stock location for the WB bung and then used the narrowband output from the PLX into the stock O2 sensor pin on the ECU. Then I used the white/linear wire and connected that to the EGRL input. With my setup the only purpose of the wideband signal is for datalogging and tuning.
raysjdmh22a4

Post by raysjdmh22a4 »

on the narrowband wire from my PLX do I just splice in to the o2 input signal on the ecu or do I just cut the wire and wire my plx wire to the o2 input wire?
crxrocks

Post by crxrocks »

raysjdmh22a4 wrote:on the narrowband wire from my PLX do I just splice in to the o2 input signal on the ecu or do I just cut the wire and wire my plx wire to the o2 input wire?
Don't cut the wire, just disconnect the stock sensor from the harness. Make sure you install the capacitor that PLX includes w/ their WB.
raysjdmh22a4

Post by raysjdmh22a4 »

I didn't get a capacitor cause I bought it used, so I have the do is unplug my stock o2 from the pre cat, and then splice my plx narrowband wire on the o2 input signal on the ecu. and where does the capacitor go?
crxrocks

Post by crxrocks »

Here is an excerpt from the PLX installation guide.

TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

I currently have my setup wired with the capacitors. However, Spunkster has suggested that I take the capacitors out. Have you guys noticed that the voltage offset needed to match the PLX meter with the reading in Hondata change? Mine does and I have to recalibrate every time I want to tune the car. By recalibrate, I mean unplug the WB harness (which sets the meter to 14.7 AFR) and then adjust the offset in Hondata until they match. I had previously thought this would be a one time deal, but I am finding out that I have to adjust it quite regularly.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)