oh man, problems galore! Help?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The soldering is almost definetely the problem. Send it in and it will be a minimum of $75 to fix the ecu if it is repairable. Please fill out the form at http://www.hondata.com/ecusocketinginfoform.html and include a cashier's check or money order for $75.
pvt_awol

Post by pvt_awol »

I read that disclosure, and it says that the repair is 75. Is that on top of the 100 I need to pay for overnighting it?

Also, it says that you guys won't fix a "bad" ecu. My ECU works fine (as a stock p28) it just won't accept any instruction from the hondata.

Get back to me on a full price figure please. I'm going to pay for overnight delivery. Can you please give me a total cost?
pvt_awol

Post by pvt_awol »

if it comes down to it, how much would it be to have a p74 chipped instead? (virgin) if I went this route, would it be able to control VTEC?

since the p28 is still working (albeit in stock form) I could probably sell it, and salvage the money to have the p74 socketed.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is a minimum of $75. Since we have not seen the ecu, it is difficult to tell what is actually wrong and if it can be repaired. Overnight shipping to us should not cost $100. A P75 will not control vtec, as it is a non-vtec ecu.
pvt_awol

Post by pvt_awol »

^

yeah, I know the p75 is non vtec, I was just seeing if you could "modify" it to work.

I understand the pricing better now. Thank you for your fast response. I'm going to be calling you guys during business hours to figure out a game plan. (right now, I'm trying to just get ahold of another stock p28, and send it to be socketed)