LC-1 HELP!!!

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Peter S

LC-1 HELP!!!

Post by Peter S »

Ok I did a search and tried for the last two days to figure this out and I can't!

I'm running the LC-1 with Hondata S300 on a P28 ECU and also have a cheesy AEM A/F gauge. I am also using an obd0-obd1 pigtail.

Ok I ran the Yellow wire to output 1 to the voltage wire of the AEM A/F gauge
Then I ran the Brown wire to B20 of my 4G harness side (probable a problem for Hondata) I may need to run it straight to the D14 or 12 whichever one it is later of the 5G side for the P28....

my problem is my Voltage settings! this thing is kicking my butt. In hondata I selected the innovate LM-1 wideband...but other then that I don't know what to do with the settings...do I leave the automatic settings or do I mess with them. Do I use ELD or 02 sensor, do I use A/F or Lambda unit? do I mess with the voltage offset?

Then with the IM programmer for the the LC-1. I found on here people were using 1V 10 and 2V 20. but for this I don't understand when most A/F gauges run off of a 0.1 to 1V source? I tried that as well and still didn't work!

Someone please help me and I know it's probably lame and easy but I've racked my brain and just need to step away from it.

Hondata Please Help!

Thanks ahead of time for any help!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you trying to set this up so the car still runs in closed loop? First you need to determine how you want the readings displayed, then you need to wired everythign up accordingly. Since I"m not familiar with teh LC-1 I cannot tell you if you ca set the voltages within the device like the LM-1, but You will need to put whatever claibration numbers they provide, or you input into the Smanager software. The wideband signal should be a 0-5 volt signal, the narrowband is a 0-1 volt signal.
Peter S

Post by Peter S »

Honestly I don't know which way I should set it up? closed loop or open loop. I don't even know the difference! I am new to the datalogging world. I'm normally just a wrench turner so tunning is totally new to me. I know a little bit but am willing to learn from anybody willing to teach.

I believe the LC-1 is damn near exact to the LM-1 it just doesn't have the dataloger box. but uses the same IM programer and the other program with the gauge. You can set the Voltages.

so I should set the settings for output 1 from .1V -1V for the narrowband?
I may not have the wideband hooked up right just yet but as long as I get one correct reading for now. I'll mess with it a little more tonight. I guess I did the calibration wrong with it so I'm going to pull it back out of the bung and re-calibrate it and see what happens with my signal.

I sware after I do this I'm doing a write up for it!

Thanks for the reply man I really appreciate it!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »