how accurate is the estimated fuel change?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
JDMLyfeStyle

how accurate is the estimated fuel change?

Post by JDMLyfeStyle »

Ive been tryin to log the fuel changes and to get a smoothe AFR.. but ill do it cruising and WOT and everytime it says to take away like 15% ill take away 10% and then it goes lean.. so im trying to figure out why that is happening..

ECT is constant 177 degree's
IAT is 65-72 < J's racing intake with IAT mounted in the coupler of the intake since my intake manifold does not have one.

I didnt save my logging files.

I may be logging it all wrong but just incase can someone tell me the proper way to use this feature? cause i dont think im doing it wrong but i could be
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is it only one cell that says needs to be changed?
JDMLyfeStyle

Post by JDMLyfeStyle »

nah when i log it it shows up several cell's to take fuel away. and when i take fuel away ill only take away part of it. i never take the full amount that it says to take away and for some reason it will go lean :(
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What lambda sensor and what injectors are you using?
Hondata
JDMLyfeStyle

Post by JDMLyfeStyle »

Stock 240cc injectors and PLX m300 wideband
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The recommended fuel change is normally fairly close. Here's some hints: Make sure that SManager reads the same AF as the m300. With the latest version there is an voltage offset adjustment to make matching the AF values easier. Don't add/change fuel from a datalog with a lot of transitional driving. The best way to do part throttle fuel tuning is to datalog with a constant throttle opening from low rpm to around 5000 rpm. Try to keep the map tracing going down a column (2 columns actually). Only start datalogging once you have a steady throttle opening, and finish datalogging before you let off the throttle.
Hondata