Injector Size Field

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
mkulak

Injector Size Field

Post by mkulak »

Hi,

When I change the CURRENT INJECTOR SIZE field, does it change the fueling to the computer to compensate? I know stock is 240cc, but my question is that if I load the stock ITR map, and then install 440cc injectors, do I need to re-tune all the tables, or just update the CURRENT INJECTOR SIZE field to 440cc and do some minor fine tuning.

Thanks, Marc
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Changing the current injector size changes the fuel for the whole ECU - fuel tables, throttle tip in, closed loop operation etc.

In your case setting the current injector size to 440cc will do most of the work but it is still recommended to further tune using a wideband.
Hondata
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

Perfect.. Sound easy enough..

Can the system handle a change from 240cc to 1000cc assuming I start with the B16a Greddy File? Or is that too much of a jump?

I'm working with 2 different cars, one All-Motor and one Turbo.

Thanks, Marc
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

240cc to 1000cc will work, but expect to do some retuning as it is a big jump. Consider running smaller injectors if possible as generally the smaller injectors will run better, especially for the street.
Hondata
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

Car is going to be full-race hoping to make 650+ hp. 1000cc injectors are probably required. No big deal on the tuning, just want to make sure the Hondata can handle the big injector.

Thanks for the help....
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

Yep, i have ran 1600cc injectors on Hondata and no problems. Wouldnt know they are any bigger than a 310-550 either.