Questions for Hondata

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Carchitect

Questions for Hondata

Post by Carchitect »

I know you have a lot going on but if you can chime in I would would really appreciate it.

My S200 has been working wonderfully but I wish I could say the same about the ignition system.

Quite frankly I've had it with the distributor and would really like to switch to a 4 channel M&W ignition PRO-14 CDI and CBR 929 coils. The Hondata S200 just like any other OBD1 4 cyl ecu has only 1 ignition output. Is there any way to use four coils ? How about a multiplexed ignition output ? followed by a de-multiplexing control unit ?

I was thinking about what if a control unit can be constructed so that it can take the #1 cyl sensor signal (reference) and either the TDC (4 pole) or the CRK (24 pole) sensor and the ignition output signal from the ecm and produce 4 ignition outputs. This will provide me the option of sending these signals into the CDI box whch can power the coils.

Can this module be created easily ? I know other standalone systems are capable of additional outputs but the only one I can trust would be a Motec unit. AEM is absolutely out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Hussain
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Unfortunately no, this cannot be done.
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

BTW, does the S300 use a lambda wide band input for tuning only or does it keep it there and make its necessary adjustments? In other words does it work in open/closed loop using the OEM 4-wire sensor or does it work is full loop using a wide band controller's lambda output?

Thanks in advance

Joe.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should be able to use the wideband as the primary sensor, but I personally have not yet tried this on my cars. Since I use the PLX it is much simpler to just use the narrowband output and send that signal to the stock o2 sensor inputs.
sleepyhatch

Post by sleepyhatch »

Spunkster wrote:You should be able to use the wideband as the primary sensor, but I personally have not yet tried this on my cars. Since I use the PLX it is much simpler to just use the narrowband output and send that signal to the stock o2 sensor inputs.
if the stock o2 sensor input is getting the narrowband signal, then how does Hondata receive its wideband signal?

I will be uisng the S300 with PLX M300 as well, please advise.

Sorry to thread jack :(
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can use the ELD input to datalog the wideband input.
ridewhencan

Both D10 and D14?

Post by ridewhencan »

Wait. Are you saying I can run the narrow band to d14, the o2 sensor, be it from the stock o2 in a separate bung or the, in this case zeitronix narrow band and the zeitronix wide band to d10, the electric load sensor? I'd be doing this in a h22a accord with p28.

I thought I had to run the wideband to d14 when in open loop and dataloging/tuning and then change back to the narrowband when going to closed loop.
sleepyhatch

Post by sleepyhatch »

Spunkster wrote:You can use the ELD input to datalog the wideband input.
thx, do I Disable ELD in Miscellaneous Options if I want to use the ELD input for datalog?
ridewhencan

Which is better, 2 inputs or 1?

Post by ridewhencan »

I was going to rotate the narrowband and wideband wires on the o2 sensor ecu pinout depending on whether I was closed loop or open loop. Would it be better to leave the narrowband and attach the wideband to the ELD ecu pinout and then just disable the ELD? Thanks.
JDMLyfeStyle

Post by JDMLyfeStyle »

Hmm ive never heard of using the wideband from the M300 to input to the ELD.
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

I've figures out what I'm going to do for it.

My goal is to use the greddy e-manage ultimate to control the four channel ignition duties. It has the capability of taking the cam,crank sensors and igniter command in and spitting out four outputs for individual spark output. I intend to use this output to use a REAL 4-channel CDI as the control. The M&W ignition Pro-14 will be used from there and will be firing a set of Denso Iridium plugs w/o the screw end cap thru a set of CBR929 RR ignition coils.

As far as the #1 cyl,TDC, and Crank sensor trigger I will be using a OBD-II oil pump with the CKF sensor for the crank trigger. The TDC will be the bolts on the TODA cam gear and the #1 Cyl will be the other cam gear bolts with three bolts replaced with Titanuim bolts to generate a pulse only on the one steel bolt.

I'll post pics when done in a few months.

Joe.