Is s300 working

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
mark3000

Is s300 working

Post by mark3000 »

I know this maybe a dumb question, but I was wondering if s300 will tell me if it was installed incorrectly. In other words, if s300 isnt installed correctly, or the ecu is not able to store what I uploaded to it, will it give me an error message? I see a red light inside the ecu, and it seems like it working correctly, but Im not 100%......it would tell me if their was an error right?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The red light should flash briefly for about 0.5s after the ignition is switched on. Also the red light will flicker when uploading or datalogging.

The rest of the time you should see a green light when the ignition is on, and nothing else.

Who did the install?
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The red light should flash briefly for about 0.5s after the ignition is switched on. Also the red light will flicker when uploading or datalogging.

The rest of the time you should see a green light when the ignition is on, and nothing else.

Who did the install?
Hondata
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

Hondata wrote:

Who did the install?
I did. So a constant red light is no good, huh? Are the lights the only way to tell this is working? There is a green light? My ecu was already socketed, I never changed the IC4 because their was a chip already there....is the chip supplied with Hondata unique (74373)? Maybe thats my problem. Im assuming if the ecu was toast I would get some sort of CEL, or the car wouldnt run...

EDIT: I just found out the chip in IC4 is a 74373....

any ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

ignoring the lights, what is leading you to believe there is a problem? Will it upload, start the car and datalog?
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

Spunkster wrote:ignoring the lights, what is leading you to believe there is a problem? Will it upload, start the car and datalog?
When I choose "display" it didnt change any values when I started the car (rpm, map, etc.) but I also didnt have the "onboard datalogging" enabled, I wasnt sure if that was needed to have those values change or not. It seems to idle the car, but I smell fuel. It does upload w/o any errors, Im hoping that means its ok....but then I get the constant red light. Aside from that their really is no way of telling that its working, that why I was asking if it would through an error if it wasnt able to upload correctly. I dont see a green light (which is bothering me now). But aside from the light, I have no way of telling if its keeping the maps or its giving me a false upload....you know what Im trying to say?

The car idled for about 1 minute, then died......I just want to make sure its scaling back my fuel injectors. I have 450's.....

Basically I would like to know if it will give an error message if #1. the ecu is no good or #2 its not installed correctly
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does it say online or offline at the bottom of the SManager software?

Can you upload to the ECU?

Can you click on the little lightning bold and datalog with the car runnning?
vtecmissle

Post by vtecmissle »

i have a similar problem as i have a red light on and cannot upload. Car is 96 gsr , ecu is p28. It idles high and only to 3800 will it rev. No datalogging or other info will display. Though it might download from the ecu i am not getting a failed warning like when i upload.
RMS

Post by RMS »

make certain your daughter board is lined up correctly on the pins. it is quite easy to be offset by one pin and get the results you are describing (i did it myself once... never again :) )
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

here's an update. I am able to upload to the ecu. I verified that it was working by uploading a change of 450cc for the fuel injectors....then closing and opening a new stock map (which is at 240cc). I then downloaded from the ecu, and it asked me to verify if the settings where correct....it had changed the fuel injectors back to 450. So it seems to be uploading correctly...but I still have a solid red light. I see a green light when I download from the ecu, but the constant red light is where Im worried.....I'm not supposed to have a solid red light?????
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What colored light is next to the USB connector?
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

mark3000 wrote:here's an update. I am able to upload to the ecu. I verified that it was working by uploading a change of 450cc for the fuel injectors....then closing and opening a new stock map (which is at 240cc). I then downloaded from the ecu, and it asked me to verify if the settings where correct....it had changed the fuel injectors back to 450. So it seems to be uploading correctly...but I still have a solid red light. I see a green light when I download from the ecu, but the constant red light is where Im worried.....I'm not supposed to have a solid red light?????
You still have not answered the original questions. Can you datalog with the car running?
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

Spunkster wrote:Does it say online or offline at the bottom of the SManager software??
Spunkster wrote:Can you upload to the ECU??
yes, it seems so......
Spunkster wrote:Can you click on the little lightning bold and datalog with the car runnning?
I have not tried this, do I need to select "on -board datalogging" in the parameters to have this happen. I will try, thanks!

Hondata wrote:What colored light is next to the USB connector?
it constant red next to the usb.....
Last edited by mark3000 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

Spunkster wrote:
You still have not answered the original questions. Can you datalog with the car running?
see above.....
mark3000

Post by mark3000 »

RMS wrote:make certain your daughter board is lined up correctly on the pins. it is quite easy to be offset by one pin and get the results you are describing (i did it myself once... never again :) )
I will also check this....I wont be able to tell if the datalogging piece is working correctly until this weekend.....I just concerned that I have a solid red light, and I shouldnt..

Just want to say thanks to all that have helped me with this one...