CAN output, where have I gone wrong?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Furble

CAN output, where have I gone wrong?

Post by Furble »

See attached. I've attempted to setup my Plex Knock Monitor to receive RPM and Load via the s300's CAN output. It does successfully receive RPM however it gets nothing for Load. Mostly I'm trying to determine if the issue is with the Plex or with the s300 where I need to correct a setting. Under parameters in sManager CAN Output is enabled using "Hondata Protocol". The Plex has a resistor built into it for CAN so I've added no other resistors beyond that. I'm pretty sure the wiring must be correct otherwise the RPM signal would not be working either though I'm not a CAN expert so I'm not certain.

For RPM I've told the Plex Hex ID=660 Offset=0, Big Endian.
For Load I've told the Plex Hex ID=662 Offset=2, Big Endian.

It appears the offsets are specified in Bytes rather than bits (the maximum offset it allows is 6).
Attachments
02. CAN Settings.png
02. CAN Settings.png (133.67 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: CAN output, where have I gone wrong?

Post by Hondata »

That's the correct packet ID and offset.
Hondata
Furble

Post by Furble »

The issue must be on the Plex side then. Is there anything relevant to the s300 or the wiring you can think of that would cause an issue in the datastream such that the RPM signal would go through But the Load signal would not?
Furble

Post by Furble »

Turned out it was a firmware update on the Plex, they sent new firmware, works now.