S300 Not Reading

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
mojo

S300 Not Reading

Post by mojo »

- serial number of the s300 inside the ECU
- version of software being used (Help, About)
- the calibration (as an attachment)
one.skl
CalibrationFile
(47.02 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
attached
- a datalog of a problem (as an attachment)
3.s3d
(501.17 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
also attached
- what sort of vehicle you have
1991 Honda Civic Si
- what sort of ECU you are using
P75
- anything about the car which has been modified from stock which may affect the ECU (don't include what sort of rims you have nor stereo etc).
B20 Swap, B16 Transmission OBD1 Conversion Harnesses at distributor and ECU
- a specific description of the problem
I am not entirely sure where the problem lies. The car is having trouble idle (idling rough and very very low), but I am getting no readings from the sensors, so I'm assuming it's ECU related rather than engine related. I just installed (installed by myself) a brand new Hondata S300 into my P75. After searching throughout the forum, here's the rundown from what I've looked into:
  • J12 is cut, desoldered actually
    J1 jumper is installed
    SManager shows driver installed
    Smanager shows online when ignition turned on
    Uploading calibration is successful, or at least I assume it is by the lack of error codes when I CTRL+U
    Green light is on when car turned on
    Red light blinks for, I assume, data transfer.
    The attached datalog might not show much, if anything, but for the entire time that datalog was running, the car was on and I was revving it around 1200rpm the entire time
mojo

Re: S300 Not Reading

Post by mojo »

After searching around some more, I want to add on to the list at the bottom of things that are going on:
- S300 isn't giving me any CEL codes
- CEL is throwing Code 0 (doesn't blink when the service connector is jumped)
- IAT/ECT reads 302 at all times
- TPS is reading -13 at all times
- There was no capacitor supplied in the box as the installation instructions say. So my capacitor has not been replaced, as there was no replacement provided. This may be it, this may not be it.

There are a few posts that describe this exact problem, but they were never resolved publicly on the forum. My goal is to resolve this issue, whatever it may be, and post the resolution in this post for all that have this problem in the future.
mojo

Post by mojo »

Is there a way to edit posts?

Anyway, I read the instructions wrong and the power supply capacitor was not supposed to be supplied, so it is technically not missing. I apologize for that mixup.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Who socketed the ECU?
mojo

Post by mojo »

me :/

My main question is what are the symptoms of bad socketing? i.e. should I be able to successfully upload? What do you see in the attached datalogs up top?
In the troubleshooting guide, it says:
"Can SManager datalog from the ECU? If you can't datalog, then switch the on-board datalogging off, clear the stored datalogs and try again. If you still can not datalog then it is the ECU socketing."
Does that simply mean pressing the lightning bolt? I feel like it is 'datalogging" but there is no data changing for it to log. For instance, before I press the lightning bolt all my readings show 0. When I hit the lightning bolt, the IAT/ECT show 302 degrees. The TPS shows -12% in the sensors window and -13% in the display window. I assume this can be seen in the datalog file.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

More than likely it is a socketing problem. Look at the solder joints on the bottom and see how they look.
mojo

Post by mojo »

Word, I'll do that when I get home and post pictures.

I'm just trying to eliminate the ECU being the issue before replacing it. I'd hate for wiring to be an issue and blow another ECU. The car wasn't running great right before the S300 was installed, but I wasn't getting Code 0.
Tevinwood

Post by Tevinwood »

Did you fix it and what did you do I’m having this problem after replacing all capacitors