Car Wants To Start But Shows Distributor Error

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
EGAJohn

Car Wants To Start But Shows Distributor Error

Post by EGAJohn »

So I have my Integra track car that rarely gets driven besides around the block and at the track. Yesterday I decided to take it out to get the fluids pumping after sitting for weeks. The car ran amazing and when i stopped at a light the car died. The car sounded like it wanted to start back up but as soon as it hits 1k rpm the car dies as if the ECU is not allowing it to run. I checked fuel pressure quickly by pulling the return line and its flowing like a garden hose. All plugs get spark when cranking so I'm not sure what the issue is. I noticed in the datalog the "Dist Error" sensor showed ON. I have a spare distributor I swapped on today and nothing changed. I am confused as I have never seen this "Dist Error" sensor previously and I feel like it may be connected with my issue. No DTCs are reported. See the attached datalog.
Attachments
20200628_152311_edited.jpg
20200628_152311_edited.jpg (3.48 MiB) Viewed 3968 times
No Start.s3d
2 Start Attempts
(26.77 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
DaX

Re: Car Wants To Start But Shows Distributor Error

Post by DaX »

I'm going to guess that it's a bad MAP sensor. It's showing full vacuum with the engine not running or just being turned over with the starter.
EGAJohn

Post by EGAJohn »

That was it! I don't know how we missed that lol. Good eye!
DaX

Post by DaX »

Good deal. I went through this a few months ago...it was driving me crazy. I spent about 5 hours troubleshooting, swapping all kinds of parts and the answer was staring me in the face in my datalogs, but I was overlooking it.
NC77583

Post by NC77583 »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but DaX, THANK YOU!!! My car has left me stranded 3 times now. This was the issue!!! Many thanks sir, seriously!!
DaX

Post by DaX »

NC77583 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:32 pm Sorry to resurrect an old thread but DaX, THANK YOU!!! My car has left me stranded 3 times now. This was the issue!!! Many thanks sir, seriously!!
Glad it helped!