S300 red light

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
dluder

S300 red light

Post by dluder »

Is the red light supposed to be flashing when it's just hooked up to laptop? I was having trouble with my old ecu/s300. The red light would stay on and flash. So I ordered a new ecu/ s300 and it does the same thing. When just connected to laptop it flashes. When hooked up to car it flashes red. It flashes red when running. I'm curious is it supposed to do this because my new one does the same. Onboard datalogging is not enabled and I'm on the newest version.
MadMatt93

Re: S300 red light

Post by MadMatt93 »

I'm having the same problem. Bluetooth wont work either. I tried a 3 virgin ecu today and same problem. Really gonna suck if I'm $500 in the hole for a faulty hondata chip
dluder

Post by dluder »

I'm not sure what's going on my friends s300/ecu works good in my car. I've sent my old ecu/s300 to hondata twice but they've sent back both times saying no issues found. So I bought another ecu/s300 and it's doing the same thing.
dluder

Post by dluder »

MadMatt93 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:34 pm I'm having the same problem. Bluetooth wont work either. I tried a 3 virgin ecu today and same problem. Really gonna suck if I'm $500 in the hole for a faulty hondata chip
So I watched some YouTube video and the guy said the red light should be on while hooked up to datalog cable. I thought it was just supposed to come on if something was wrong or onboard datalogging was enabled. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. So I guess my issue is something else. I wish you luck with yours
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Ignoring the light, what is the actual problem you are having?
dluder

Post by dluder »

Thanks for the reply. Im getting eratic afr change for no reason and bucking under light throttle. I sent my s300 to y'all twice thinking that was the issue but it's not. I ordered another s300 and hamotorsports ecu thinking it would fix the problem but it didn't. I took the car to a tuner to test both ecus and both hondatas. We started his car with his ecu/s300 it idled good 13.5. We then swapped in both of my ecu/s300 with his base map and it ran eratic 10afr. We then swapped them out one by one and we found my ecus is the problem. Both of my s300 ran 13.5 in his ecu with no issues. So either hamotorsports is sending me bad ecus or my car is frying them. Both of the circuit boards look great and doesn't smell burnt. Could my wiring harness be corrupting them some how? A few months ago I used his ecu/s300 and it ran great. Then 2 weeks ago we tuned on a p28 ostrich with crome and it didn't hurt either ecus. I've also tested everything in my harness for continuity.
dluder

Post by dluder »

The first ecu I got from them ran great but had a small hiccup sometimes. Every once in a while it would buck at cruise. But then it got worse and worse. I got a replacement ecu and it did the same thing immediately when I hooked it up. I then bought another ecu and s300 and it did the same thing. It is 100% sure the ecu as I have tested them in 3 cars now. The last time I sent my ecu/s300 to y'all. Someone open the e u and inspected it and didn't see anything. I'm a little lost here
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I don't think your issues have anything to do with the ECUs or the s300's as both have been teste here in my own vehicle.. Whatever issues you have are either tuning related, mechanical or electrical in nature.
dluder

Post by dluder »

Thanks for the reply but I have now tested the ecus in 3 different cars other than mine and there toast. Lol it appears my car is very picky with ecus. It runs great on crome with ostrich or my friends ecu/s300. I'm wondering if I could be getting interference from wideband. Though it's not affecting certain ecus
dluder

Post by dluder »

The ecus are definitely bad. My car is 100% mechanical sound and tuning isn't the issue. Do you have any ideas about what could be wrong with ecu? Nothing appears to be blown. I sent them back to hamotorsports hopefully they'll find issue. I'd hate to have to go back to crome
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If ECUs are getting damaged by plugging them into your vehicle then you have a wiring issue in the vehicle.