Datalogging issues

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Chev

Datalogging issues

Post by Chev »

I am having an issue with datalogging with my s300. Whenever I turn the key it goes Online and when I enable datalogging, no live data is shown. I can't even calibrate my tps, it shows -5% on the minimum and 60% on the maximum when I try to set it. Also the CEL stays on after the fuel pump primes. J12 has been cut from one side, but does it have to be removed completely? Any help is appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Datalogging issues

Post by Spunkster »

What exactly are you clicking to start datalogging?
Chev

Post by Chev »

I am clicking the lighting bolt in the software, I have doubke checked to make sure onboard datalogging is disabled.

When I go to display after clicking that button, ect shows up as 302, and ait shows up as 302, and tps shows up as -13%. Pressing the throttle doesn't change the tps it just stays at -13%.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post pictures of J12 please
Chev

Post by Chev »

I did remove it completely after making that post, I just forgot to update, sorry.

The issue is still here
Chev

Post by Chev »

Oh also, whenever I plug in the s300 to my laptop and have the smanager open, D2 flashes red non stop. Just noticed that as of right now.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post a picture showing all the soldering on the bottom of the ECU that has been done. Make sure it is high resolution and in focus.
Chev

Post by Chev »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:23 pm Post a picture showing all the soldering on the bottom of the ECU that has been done. Make sure it is high resolution and in focus.
This was the best I could get, I hope that is ok.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It looks like there is no solder on one whole set of pins. Also one of the 4pin pads is completely missing and has no solder. Who socketed this ECU?
Chev

Post by Chev »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:58 am It looks like there is no solder on one whole set of pins. Also one of the 4pin pads is completely missing and has no solder. Who socketed this ECU?
It was my engine builder, I've never soldered before, so I let him do it. So it needs to be resoldered?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Only half the job was done and there are some damaged through holes that I can see. Please discuss this issue with whoever did the work.
Chev

Post by Chev »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:03 pm Only half the job was done and there are some damaged through holes that I can see. Please discuss this issue with whoever did the work.
Ok, so he fixed the mistakes you mentioned, but we were still having the same issue. CEL is on with no codes, red light flashing when connected to smanager, and datalogging doesn't work either.

Here are updated pictures of the connections.

Also, I know in the last picture it looks like solder is going over a trace, but it's just floating over it.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I suspect that since some of the through holes where damaged it is not making contact on all the joints. The job by the person that did this socketing is not very good and you may want to see if they can provide a different ECU.
Chev

Post by Chev »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:47 am I suspect that since some of the through holes where damaged it is not making contact on all the joints. The job by the person that did this socketing is not very good and you may want to see if they can provide a different ECU.
How much would it cost for you guys to look at the board? I know a picture can only show so much.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Right now we are not accepting anything being shipped in due to the viral crisis. If you want to wait until this is over then we can issue an RMA then and give you further instructions.