Sticking boost solenoid?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
xsboredom

Sticking boost solenoid?

Post by xsboredom »

I have an intermittent problem where it seems like the boost solenoid randomly fails to work. I'll be driving along with it working correctly and sometimes i'll be stuck on wastegate pressure.

If i have the mobile app open to monitor boost duty cycle, it'll show 98% but still be locked at wastegate spring. I do not believe it is a wiring issue as the solenoid is soldered in. Sometimes toggling the ignition off and on fixes the issue.

Is there any sort of protection parameters that may be coming into play? It's never happened when it is convenient to data log as the problem does not persist long enough to get my laptop out and connected and is unpredictable.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Sticking boost solenoid?

Post by Spunkster »

What solenoid are you using?

You really will have to datalog this for us to see what might be happening. Include the calibration used as well.
xsboredom

Post by xsboredom »

Hi Spunkster,

Thanks for the quick reply. It is a 3 port MAC solenoid. Not exactly sure on the part number but it's one that is fairly popular online from what i've seen.

I'll try and setup a way to activate onboard datalogging for when it happens again. Is it possible to activate data logging through the hondata phone app?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No you cannot start datalogging through the mobile app.
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

if the live data is showing the duty cycle still running 98%, then either the solenoid is faulty or the wiring is faulty
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post your calibration as well as a datalog showing the issue.