full throttle shows 60% on graph

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
payam_fox

full throttle shows 60% on graph

Post by payam_fox »

hey guys , im tuning my civic b series and having a new problem with it , when i do full throttle on boost around 7k rpm car hesitates and leans out , i went on graph and saw the tps percentage is showing im at 60-70 % throttle but the pedal is to the metal . i have adjusted the tps from 0 to 100 % it read correctly , any ideas why this is like that or maybe its normal to show less on software ? ,, i have tried to give it more fuel on tables but same thing happens car hesitates full throttle but its good 50-60 % or half throttle

help please if you know anything about this
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: full throttle shows 60% on graph

Post by Spunkster »

With the key on but engine not running does it read to 100%?
payam_fox

Post by payam_fox »

yes it was reading correctly when engine off , but on high load most percentage was 75 %
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like you have a problem with the TPS and vibration and it is not reading correctly when there is vibration.
Corn_fed94

Post by Corn_fed94 »

Currently having the exact same issue. Just finished my turbo build and got live with the ecu and when I went to go scale the TPS I got -5 for my 0% and 60% for my WOT. I had a spare TPS sensor,BNIB, that I also swapped onto the TB and got the exact same reading. Uploaded my start up calibration and started the car for about 2 minutes just to check for leaks. While the was going on I jabbed at the pedal and still no TPS % reading in my senson display while live with the ecu. Throttle is opening all the way when I had my wife depress the gas pedal, new sensor read the exact same, it has the correct voltage at the ecu and plug and yes I installed the tps with the finger in the correct spot. Unsure what could cause this and hoping its not the ECU. Thanks for any help or guidance.
-T
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should try your ECU on a known working vehicle.
Corn_fed94

Post by Corn_fed94 »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:13 am You should try your ECU on a known working vehicle.
I didnt even think of trying that. I have a stock 95 coupe, auto. Ill plug in the ecu and just turn the key on engine off and see if it reads tps position. Thanks for the advice, I will report back later this evening.
Corn_fed94

Post by Corn_fed94 »

So after pulling the ecu and pluging it into my stock 94 coupe, the tps worked perfectly. So I went back and probed around. I checked for continuity power, ground and 5v signal to ecu, pin D22. Power good, ground good, 5v......somehow the wire pulled out from the pin D22 at the ecu. So I pushed the wire back into the pin, turned the key to power on and the fixed was resolved. Now my next problem getting the ecu pin out haha. It doesnt have any exposed copper wire to grab onto and pull.