Low/high load ect fuel comp

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
dluder

Low/high load ect fuel comp

Post by dluder »

New to hondata so I've got a bit of learning to do. What is considered low and high load. At what column does it switch between low and high.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Low/high load ect fuel comp

Post by Spunkster »

Low is idle and very light throttle. High is wide open throttle.
dluder

Post by dluder »

I'm having issues lean issue at start up. It doesn't matter what temp I'm at it does the same thing. Setup is h22 pro1 11.1 comp 550cc injectors. It starts normal afr 13.5-14 but once it idles down past 1000rpm it goes really lean 15-17 afr. It does this for a couple of min before it goes 14. I know the start up fuel leans out 30sec but this last much longer. I've tried adding post fuEl but it's just really rich above 1000 then it's still lean below 1000. It
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you adjusted the ECT compensation?
dluder

Post by dluder »

Yes I've adjusted ect comp. It does it worse at cold start 30-40° but it'll also do it at 200° start up just not as bad. Any time I restart no matter what the ect or iat is it'll lean out for a few minutes then it'll go away. The only thing I could think of is maybe my battery is weaker on start up idk. Its always 13.8-14+v anytime I've saw it normally 14.2v I think. I double checked my rate of decay and it hasn't been messed with. I added 10% post start this morning it started 40°ect in the 12s afr then 30 sec later 13.8 @ 1400rpm the idled down to 1000 and hit 15-17 afr. Then for the next 5-10 min 15+ til it settles down to 14. Thanks I appreciate your help its not hurting anything. Its just aggravating when I start in morning to warm up I gotta worry about it dying.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Then you may not have your injector dead times set correctly for the injectors you are using.
dluder

Post by dluder »

Thanks that's what I was thinking. I got bosch ev14 550cc. I set the dead times from the sheet they gave me I double check everything. Thanks for the help
dluder

Post by dluder »

I double checked there set according to the sheet. I was thinking it could be from weak battery. But as soon it's strated 14.2v so I don't think that's it. I wasn't having this issue with cRome so something I's different. Lol I'll keep investagating.
AREA876

Post by AREA876 »

Post current calibration and a datalog that shows the issue you are having
dluder

Post by dluder »

Thanks I'll post calibration tomorrow. Lol I'm having another issue now. When I'm trying to datalog my afr is reading and accurate on the graph but it's not showing up on the tape at all. WhIle driving it'll light up and move through fuel cells but it isnt recording the afr. Idk if I've turned something off or what. I tried using another calibration but it still doesn't record but it's showing afr in graph. Thanks for any help
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try restarting the laptop.
dluder

Post by dluder »

Thanks for your help I've resolved the issue. I've been having some issues with engine cutting out/jerking. It seems to do it worst at light throttle. I've litterally replaced and checked everything. Afr, vacuum, compression and no cels. I met up with my tuner to try his ecu to rule that out. We've both got hasport ecu with hon data s300 v3. When we uploaded my tune to his ecu it was very lean. So we start new map and retuned then we put my ecu in and loaded new map and it was really rich. Why is the tune so different between our ecu's? It was 14 afr cruise 13 wot on his ecu but 10 afr on mine.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It should not run differently between ECUs unless you have it running a wideband via closed loop and one ECU does not have the correct components for that input installed.
dluder

Post by dluder »

Ok thanks I'm sending it back for a new one.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do not send anything back to Hondata without first getting an RMA#.