1998 Civic with B16a2 no CEL when key on

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
D_carlos

1998 Civic with B16a2 no CEL when key on

Post by D_carlos »

I have a 1998 civic CX hatchback,With a turboed B16a2 Running chipped Obd1 ECU with Hondata s300( Phearable.net). Car ha new 440CC injectors, Distributor, Starter,plugs,wires, engine harness (chandler Autosports) harness was converted to obd2 to obd1. everything was working great one day I pulled car out to vacuum carpet. when I was done I went to start and put back in garage. and it would just turn over. checked for spark , good spark, checked for fuel/injector pulse getting fuel. checked ECU , it is getting power to ECU. cleaned all grounds car will not start. checked main relay as well relay good. I can hear new walbro fuel pump prime. I did notice that when I turn key to on position the CEL does not come on. ive tried to look up why it wouldn't come on cant find anything. any helpwould begre atly appriciated

I also checked the clutch switch under clutch pedal and tried using jumper still car would not start. I plugged laptop into ECU and pulled up hondata it gets readings from Map Sensor and RPMS do show up when I turn motor over. could the hondata s300 v3 be cauing issues? has latest update Version 2.6.7.0
D_carlos

Re: update:1998 Civic with B16a2 no CEL when key on

Post by D_carlos »

I have gotten CEL to come back on. it seems like cab harness was cut way before I bought car back in 07. They soldered some the harness wires back to plug but not some. The cab harness that connects to ECU. Ground wire going in for ECU was not soldered just twisted with a rubber sheathing over it I'm guessing over time it just fell apart. did not have time to try and start was on lunch break. I will re solder cover with rubberized sheathing and try and start.