B18CR Code 10 Intake Air Temp Sensor

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
arya9

B18CR Code 10 Intake Air Temp Sensor

Post by arya9 »

Hey guys sManager is throwing a code 10 IAT in ECU faults for my b18cr. The IAT in the intake manifold is currently not connected and I believe instead the IAT sensor in the intake arm connected to the MAP is being used. I replaced the intake arm IAT sensor but i'm still seeing code 10 and CEL pretty much right after clearing the codes. Also for the IAT display value it's just stuck at 123f and sometimes goes all over the place down to negatives and back to 123f. Any advice on how to approach fixing this issue? Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: B18CR Code 10 Intake Air Temp Sensor

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like there may be a problem with the IAT sensor being used, Have you tired plugging in a different IAT sensor to see if it reads correctly?
arya9

Post by arya9 »

I replaced the IAT sensor in the intake arm with a brand new one but it was still throwing the same code. The car is an em1 civic and I believe for the d16 that those came with the IAT sensor was in the intake arm, hence why it's in the same place for my setup as well. I wouldn't need to use the old IAT sensor in the intake manifold anymore correct?
arya9

Post by arya9 »

Also what would it mean by the fact that the sensor reads 123 fahrenheit? Does it mean the wiring is okay but it could be an issue with the sensor? Would it read anything if no sensor was hooked up to it in the first place(is the ecu looking for the intake arm or intake manifold sensor?).
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With the IAT sensor disconnected you should get an error and it should read 179 degrees. It is very possible that your ECU is damaged. You should try your ECU in a known working vehicle and see if it reads correctly.
arya9

Post by arya9 »

I was getting no codes previously and then recently tuned some of the fuel tables because the car was running quite lean. The code 10 appeared a little while after that. Could that have damaged the ecu?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to test in a known working vehicle to see if it is the ECU or something in the vehicle causing this.