S300 not connecting/drivers will not install

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
DTracy37

S300 not connecting/drivers will not install

Post by DTracy37 »

Having troubles getting my S300 connected with my laptop. I have tried 4 different laptops so far, three are Windows 10 and the other Windows 7. I have been given the same trouble with them all. Only difference is during the use of Windows 7 I was given a noise prompt upon connecting the USB (Windows 10 does absolutely nothing when connected).

When I open SManager it shows "Drivers Installed" at the bottom then a message appears telling me the Drivers are not installed correctly. when I click the message to download it gives an error message. With all of the Windows 10 devices I would get an (Error:), no code shown. With Windows 7 I am given the (Error:A). I followed the instructions as given in the Help section with no luck. I am unable to find anything relating to Hondata in my Device Manager, I am only given generic USB's. Therefore I am unable to find it I don't know how to manually install said drivers, with no luck finding more information online.

I have gone through Regedit and checked my values and changed my command to "%1"%* for the EXE file which I had issues with on one of my computers when trying to update the software. Which allowed me to update but still experiencing the same issue as before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software multiple times and rebooted my computer as well.

The ECU is second hand, I witnessed the car run with this ECU before purchasing. This ECU also runs my car with the existing map (terribly). I doubt there is anything wrong with the ECU itself or my cable (due to the prompt on Windows 7). But rather a driver issue which I am unsure of how to get around if I cannot find the program in Device Manager.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S300 not connecting/drivers will not install

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number that is on the s300 board?

Something will change in the device manager when you connect it and I need to know what it is showing up as in the device manage. You may have to unplug it and re-plug it in several times to determine what it is.
DTracy37

Post by DTracy37 »

#S300-0856

Have tried it several times and no sign of anything changing. No prompt whatsoever when plugged in. Is there anywhere else I can find it to manually update the drivers?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like the s300 is not working and will have to be replaced. Details on upgrading an s300 to the new version 3 from a non-working s300 can be found at: https://www.hondata.com/downloads/s300v ... e_form.pdf
DTracy37

Post by DTracy37 »

What is the cost if i just wanted standard shipping?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The options listed on the form are the only shipping options we offer.