Smanager installation error

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
sugarfree

Smanager installation error

Post by sugarfree »

Hi.

I'm trying to install the Smanager for the 1st time and I just cannot do that. I can download the installer file from the website.
The following is the error message I'm getting:

Setup was unable to create the directory
"C:\Users\wnuradi\AppData\Local\Temp\is-1HMEV.tmp".
Error 5: Access is denied.

I'm installing it to a Lenovo Y50 laptop with Windows 8. I've remove the restriction on my antivirus / security (using bitdefender), but still giving this kind of error. I also tried to install 'as administrator' option, but still no luck. I've googled and search Hondata forum, but not much coverage on installation issues.

I wonder if you've seen this error before. My computer skill is honestly close to pathetic. I get by with normal things but when it comes to this, I'm just pretty much don't know what to do.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Willy
Jun43

Re: Smanager installation error

Post by Jun43 »

Right click on the file and select run as administrator

if that doesnt work
The problem is with the security permissions on your profile temp folder. To fix it navigate to %temp% or C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local and right click on the Temp folder and choose properties, then click the security tab and click advanced.

On the permissions tab you should see the permissions that are there. There should 3 which are:

'SYSTEM' with Full control which applies to 'This folder, subfolders and files'

'Administrators' with Full control which applies to 'This folder, subfolders and files'

'Your Username' with Full control which applies to 'This folder, subfolders and files'

and all 3 should be inherited from the C:\Users\[Username]\ folder.

If you don't have the 'Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent' option ticked, then tick it and click continue if there are any problems, then remove the permissions that aren't inherited.

Once you click 'Apply' and click 'OK' you should have the permissions to write to the directory and you won't get those error messages any more.