Severe lean from 0% to 7% TPS

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
junkyardspecial

Severe lean from 0% to 7% TPS

Post by junkyardspecial »

New to Hondas and Hondata. I had a similar problem on my other car a Lancer evo 8 but it ended up being a bad map sensor.

I purchased a crx with a b16a and ITBS and a lot of other work done to it. Car has a severe stumbling and feels like its on 2 cylinders from 0% to 7% Throttle. After that range car drives like a dream, pulls hard and quick.

Im not too familiar with this software and I am trying to set up an appt with a local tuner but I am not sure how long it will take to get that done and car is pretty much undrivable at this point unless I am driving it hard. I believe previous owner tuned it himself and it shows. It runs without an O2 sensor in open loop which is fine but I cant trace where my stuttering is coming from, and where to adjust it out.

When it occurs my AFR shoots up to 19.9 or higher. It seems to get worse when the car is warmed up.

Also injectors are RDX 410cc

Attached is my tune, any help will be appreciated.
Attachments
B16_3_8_2016_B4AUTOX.skl
(42.6 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Severe lean from 0% to 7% TPS

Post by Spunkster »

Is the MAP sensor connected and reading vacuum?
junkyardspecial

Post by junkyardspecial »

It is, but it is set in Alpha N due to ITBs.

I fixed it mostly and found the correct direction to go. The previous tuner didnt add enough fuel in the section that the car cruises at for normal driving. Funny because my other car had same issue when I purchased it too. Sorry to clog the forums up, didnt think such an easy fix would happen.
oasu

Post by oasu »

ITB´s needs a ton of fuel when you go from 0% to 2% or more. Will look like a huge mountain on the low speed table! can be difficult to tune :)