TPS min/ max scaling was slightly wrong...

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
twkdcd595

TPS min/ max scaling was slightly wrong...

Post by twkdcd595 »

Ok I have only a basic understanding of tuning so far as I have always had my car tuned professionally out of state. That said, I am reading/ learning more every day so I am better informed and familiar with the management (an area I am lacking in).

Stupid question time. I had previously scaled the min/ max for the TPS I am using on my 68mm tb. Recently I noticed in the datalogs I was seeing 107%. Presumably the setting was defaulted accidently at some point.

No big deal. Popped open the copy of my last tune from my tuner, rescaled it to the current -1.07% min and 107.28% max, saved, and loaded. Fixed and I now see the proper 0-100% range.

Question is what does or did a mis-scaled TPS affect? Fuel table values are looked up based on rpm/ manifold pressure I know but how does throttle position play any role (if any)?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: TPS min/ max scaling was slightly wrong...

Post by Spunkster »

It will cause problems with injector overrun, and shutoff, as well as hamper full throttle runs. There is also timing fuel and ignition retard.
twkdcd595

Re: TPS min/ max scaling was slightly wrong...

Post by twkdcd595 »

That makes sense and would probably explain a minor stumbling issue that I recently noticed when cruising at a constant speed with very little throttle input.