setting base timing

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jeffyjeffracer11

setting base timing

Post by jeffyjeffracer11 »

I have a 1993 Honda del sol with a d16z6 engine and p75 ecu. I was trying to set my base ignition timing and for some reason i'm having an issue getting the line on the crank pully to line up with the timing mark on the timing cover @ 16 degrees. I allowed the engine to warm up to operating temperature and then I jumped the 2 prong plug under the passenger side of the dash and it turned the C.E.L. on. so I hooked up the timing light attached it to cylinder 1 and the marks were still about @ about 25 degrees at the most retarded positiong on the dizzy adjustment...stock cam timing and stock cam gear also....Any ideas on what could be going on? Thanks
hpmx18

Re: setting base timing

Post by hpmx18 »

jeffyjeffracer11 wrote:I have a 1993 Honda del sol with a d16z6 engine and p75 ecu. I was trying to set my base ignition timing and for some reason i'm having an issue getting the line on the crank pully to line up with the timing mark on the timing cover @ 16 degrees. I allowed the engine to warm up to operating temperature and then I jumped the 2 prong plug under the passenger side of the dash and it turned the C.E.L. on. so I hooked up the timing light attached it to cylinder 1 and the marks were still about @ about 25 degrees at the most retarded positiong on the dizzy adjustment...stock cam timing and stock cam gear also....Any ideas on what could be going on? Thanks

Try checking the timing when tbe car is not running make sure mark on pully lines up with mark and that cam gears line up with each other
LGMotoring
IG:Lgmotoring
Lgmotoring.com
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: setting base timing

Post by Spunkster »

You need to use the set timing function in the SManager software:

http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/se ... set+timing