red light on s300, car wont start

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
justYncredible

red light on s300, car wont start

Post by justYncredible »

short summary
my car was down for 3 weeks due to transmission getting rebuilt. my car battery died due to my car alarm, i tried to jump start the vehicle and my car would not stay on without me giving it gas. checked the ecu and i have red light and a check engine light. im currently running version 2.2.4.0 of smanager, im not sure as to why this happen and back up ecu fuse is not blowin. im unable to upload my current calibration to the ecu and when its connected to my laptop the ecu doesnt show any signs of life on my screen.

ecu: p72 obd1 s300 v1
ecu was socketed though hondata

can you help me out? ill most likely be calling in the morning to gather information on how to fix this. thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: red light on s300, car wont start

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number of the s300 inside the ECU?
justYncredible

Post by justYncredible »

Serial number
S300-13199
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Send and email to support <at> hondata.com with the following and I will issue an RMA and give you further
instructions (include a link to this thread):

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Serial#:
Description of problem:
justYncredible

Post by justYncredible »

So why am I being charged for this repair when I was told I was not going to be charged for it? I was emailed an invoice with a dollar amount owe. Also the person I spoke to originally (can't remember the name) said I was under warranty so there was no fee.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There is no charge for repairs made under warranty but we do charge for return shipping.
Hondata
justYncredible

Post by justYncredible »

I was told the only payment I had to pay for was the shipping to hondata. You guys overnighted the package to me (not my request) which is $50, I guess. As of right this business practice is unstable. One person tells me one thing and then I get an invoice saying another. It cost me $20.20 to send my ecu to hondata so where is this extra $30 coming from? If I knew I had to pay to have my ecu shipped back to me (which doesn't make sense) I would have paid for the return shipping label.