closed loop headache....

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
dneilmotorsports

closed loop headache....

Post by dneilmotorsports »

To Hondata.. I having a prob to tune a closed loop operation for my car..i run a open loop with no prob at all before. But when i tried to switch to closed loop, my car was jerking too bad. I had tried to
setup at the parameter setting but prob still the same problem..Pls show me how ..thank you..
Attachments
street 2.s3d
(423.78 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
hi boost h22a turbo.skl
(41.11 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: closed loop headache....

Post by Spunkster »

Start by using a different input, as the D14 input is only designed to handle 0-1 v it does not have the full voltage range that the ELD or other inputs have. See if that resolves the issue.
dneilmotorsports

Post by dneilmotorsports »

I had changed the input to EGRL D12..So, should i change the conversion table at the analog 1 to make it the AFR match with MTX-l..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

yes, it is the same as a voltage offset.
Jan Niemi

Post by Jan Niemi »

Interesting. I'm having the same problem. My car runs awesome in open loop and I've gotten as high as 38 mpg on this calibration in open loop. I put in a new O2 a couple of days ago and the car leaned out to the point of stalling and jerked when I tried to drive it. I put it back in open loop for now until I can figure out what's wrong with the tune.
00' ITR turbo

b18c, manley 9:1, manley rods, supertech block guard welded in, stock head, AFI manifold, T67
SilverRD1

Post by SilverRD1 »

Spunkster wrote:Start by using a different input, as the D14 input is only designed to handle 0-1 v it does not have the full voltage range that the ELD or other inputs have. See if that resolves the issue.
i have mine wired to d14 and it shows it ranging from 0-5v in smanager during datalog. are you sure thats true?
Luke

Post by Luke »

spunksters word are the third information, I got about D14.

there are words saying, the O2 input is capable of reading 0-5V, others say it's 0-3.8V and now it's only 0-1V?

for my part I can say: I'm using an Innvoate LM2 Wideband, connected via the "tuner harness" to the ECU and programmed to a 0-5V range. AFR 14.7 is at 2.54V, so stoich is measurable, whether it's a 3.8V or 5V range.

since everything above 2.54V/14.7 AFR isn't so good for the engine, so that should be ok ^^

is there a documentation and some facts about that??

best regards Lukas
joeb

Post by joeb »

In all honesty i just turn off closed loop . I can never get it to work correctly as it is finicky . All the cars i tune with Hondata i leave in open loop and they all run great with excellent fuel economy . Just tune with a wideband in the car and it will be fine . The a/f ratio will change with drastic temp swings though .
Jan Niemi

Post by Jan Niemi »

I initially had a problem with switching to closed loop from a perfectly running open loop calibration. I ended up having to start from scratch using a stock calibration and by changing injector latency settings. You can search my posts to see how I got it to work. My car runs like factory right now in closed loop.
00' ITR turbo

b18c, manley 9:1, manley rods, supertech block guard welded in, stock head, AFI manifold, T67