Autotune

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Luke

Autotune

Post by Luke »

i know, that in the options menu there is such a option, but how does that really work?

i have never figured out, when the autotune is activated or where it can be activated.

can someone please explain that?

best regards Lukas
lwatkinson

Re: Autotune

Post by lwatkinson »

You can activate it when ever you want. it will adjust the fuel according to the calibration file.
Luke

Post by Luke »

lwatkinson wrote:You can activate it when ever you want. it will adjust the fuel according to the calibration file.
have you read, what i have wrote?

what it does is clear. but how to activate? that is, what i haven't figured out.

best regards Lukas
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

Luke wrote:
lwatkinson wrote:You can activate it when ever you want. it will adjust the fuel according to the calibration file.
have you read, what i have wrote?

what it does is clear. but how to activate? that is, what i haven't figured out.

best regards Lukas
I have used it, and frankly it is useless unless you are 100% sure that your hondata s300j is reading the AFR from your wideband accurately. It is useful in shortening the tuning time to get part throttle AFR right, when you are already sure that your ignition maps are suitable for that engine.

Usually datalogging works too, and since I drive to work, fuel is never wasted on the dyno to tune part throttle as I can read the logs later and eliminate rich spots. Though, I did dyno again later to tune the igntion, as I can't trust my butt dyno.

Link:
http://www.hondata.com/featuresautotune.html

Changes not mentioned in it.:
In SManager,
Edit -> Set Autotune Base
View -> Autotune Base

The rest is similar.
Luke

Post by Luke »

thanks, shiroitenshi!

that was, what i was looking for and what i want to do.

if often tune with a friend of mine do that "autotune" job by ourselfs.

in some cases there isn't the possibility to tune with 2 people, so the part-throttle maps could be written pretty fast and then edited.

so: when driving i only toggle to the "autotune" maps and run through them, and that's all to do?
or do i have to press a button to activate?! (ALT+A)

in the near future i want to check, if i can get the o2-sensor offset as close as possible to 0V. in some other forum i have read, that it's some grounding thing, so i want to hook up my wideband directly to the battery (and not to the cigarette lighter) to get there a 100% ground. the signal input gets the same ground as the ECU, so there shouldn't be a problem.

then i shouldn't have any problems with the reading accuracy, i think.

best regards Lukas
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

Luke wrote:thanks, shiroitenshi!

that was, what i was looking for and what i want to do.

if often tune with a friend of mine do that "autotune" job by ourselfs.

in some cases there isn't the possibility to tune with 2 people, so the part-throttle maps could be written pretty fast and then edited.

so: when driving i only toggle to the "autotune" maps and run through them, and that's all to do?
or do i have to press a button to activate?! (ALT+A)

in the near future i want to check, if i can get the o2-sensor offset as close as possible to 0V. in some other forum i have read, that it's some grounding thing, so i want to hook up my wideband directly to the battery (and not to the cigarette lighter) to get there a 100% ground. the signal input gets the same ground as the ECU, so there shouldn't be a problem.

then i shouldn't have any problems with the reading accuracy, i think.

best regards Lukas
CTRL-A Required. The steps are the same.

My voltage offset is 0. I am using LM1 for the past 6-7 years. The Innovate LM1 compares voltage offset via ground, so make sure you connect directly to battery, and the analog output of the meter has 2-3 wires, I ground the analog output to the ECU ground wire (A23/A24, I recall, not sure, check ECU pinout diagram before doing) I use a jumper harness so I don't need to cut/tap the original ECU harness. The signal wire I connect to the D14 input. ELD input works as well, but since disabling 02, might as well use it, right?

I am using D14 O2 input, so it's limited to 3.8V max, I use the LM programmer to configure output on a 0.05-3.8V scale. AFR accuracy is +/- 0.2AFR, due to 0.1V fluctuations from poor ground/wire noise. Accurate enough for most purposes. For better accuracy, make sure you take note of AF reading at 14.0-14.7 and the voltage and put them in between 10AFR=0.05V and 20AFR=3.8V, there's three boxes in the Parameters -> Closed loop for you to put in the lookup table.

Check out my hondata display screen shot in the relevant forum to see mine used in action.
Luke

Post by Luke »

hi,

we're sitting in the same boat.
i'm unsing the LM2 by innovate with a jumper-harness. everything nicely soldered and put in some XLR connectors ;) (these are normally used for sound and lightning for public auditions etc.) and also using D14

the last thing, why i don't get the offset to 0 is, that cigarette lighter thing. will figure that out asap.

for the D14 thing: even with output 0-5V for AFR 20=5V, you don't have to be alarmed to get something messed up.

14.7AFR is somewhere around 2.54V, so 3.8V is so damn lean, that you don't have to change anything. but i'll use your advice. there is no problem to reprogramm that thing ;)

best regards and thank you a lot
Lukas
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

Luke wrote:hi,

we're sitting in the same boat.
i'm unsing the LM2 by innovate with a jumper-harness. everything nicely soldered and put in some XLR connectors ;) (these are normally used for sound and lightning for public auditions etc.) and also using D14

the last thing, why i don't get the offset to 0 is, that cigarette lighter thing. will figure that out asap.

for the D14 thing: even with output 0-5V for AFR 20=5V, you don't have to be alarmed to get something messed up.

14.7AFR is somewhere around 2.54V, so 3.8V is so damn lean, that you don't have to change anything. but i'll use your advice. there is no problem to reprogramm that thing ;)

best regards and thank you a lot
Lukas
Reason:
The cigarette lighter wire gauge is too small. I tried thinner wires to power the LM1, and had 0.2-0.3V fluctuations. Use the original wire given in the kit and cut off the cigarette lighter connector, you will notice that the core is thick.

The problem is not with the voltage outputting 5V, but the problem is setting the lookup table numbers. That is why I set 20AFR to read at the 3.8V limit, It's too much trouble to locate what 3.8V and the related AFR at that voltage and put that into the lookup tables :P

Good luck, and feel free to ask if you still get poor grounding.