Boost solenoid frequency

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
sicones

Boost solenoid frequency

Post by sicones »

Can anyone recommend the best frequency to run the hondata/aem MAC solenoid. What will give the best range of control? What is the default frequency if I have the freq selection uncheck in software and it says 78% grayed out. What is everyone using? I just don’t have the time on the dyno to do 30 pulls to find the best area, I would have to do 6-7 pulls at 4 or 5 different frequencies.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Boost solenoid frequency

Post by Spunkster »

It really all depends on your setup, power levels and pressures. What may work well for one may not work well for you. Start with default and make changes as needed. Default is 78Hz.
kerndog

Post by kerndog »

Agreed, you have to find what works best for your set up. I have a 7lb spring on a 44mm WG and can go up to 30lbs. I use 20Hz and have great resolution to control boost in diferent gears and in different envrionmental conditions. This has worked in VA at sea level and in CO at 6,200ft. and from 115 degrees to 40 degrees outside temp. I also use two solenoids, one on the top port and one on the bottom port of the WG to help get a few extra lbs up top.

Good luck with your set up.
H22 GT3076R E85, EK Hatch, Dyno Shootout Car...
603 WHP, 565 WHP, 631 WHP, 596 WHP, 600 WHP, 610 WHP, 631 WHP, 560 WHP, 578 WHP
different dynos, different days, different altitudes,same set-up, bottom line...~600ish WHP come get some!!!
sebas22

Post by sebas22 »

[quote="kerndog"]Agreed, you have to find what works best for your set up. I have a 7lb spring on a 44mm WG and can go up to 30lbs. I use 20Hz and have great resolution to control boost in diferent gears and in different envrionmental conditions. This has worked in VA at sea level and in CO at 6,200ft. and from 115 degrees to 40 degrees outside temp. I also use two solenoids, one on the top port and one on the bottom port of the WG to help get a few extra lbs up top.

With an K20z3 with Flashpro and a Tial Wastgate, how do you connect / install the second solenoid? The results are similar 4 port boost solenoid?
Regards
kesnut

Post by kesnut »

side note: what are you guys using for boost activation, i find that that when i pick any number higher than 7, boost pressure varies from run to run or does nit work it all and the ec runs at wastegate setting.

thanks