SManager software requests

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
shiroitenshi

Re: SManager software requests

Post by shiroitenshi »

Hope that indicators can be set in display to trigger based on values, currently there are none in 2.1.5.

the way SManager references the ACSW is a bit strange, I notice it turns off at the same time as the ACCL, even though my AC switch is on.

This began after SManager moved to 2.0.0, never bothered before, but since I am posting this, I put this in as well.
chrisbogart

Post by chrisbogart »

allm0t0rGSR wrote:
Luke wrote:since a lot of data is collected through data logging and some maths is quite fast programmed,

it should be possible to insert some kind of "dyno" to the software, which calculates the power depending on acceleration

most of the figures needed are included in the software: gear ratio, revolutions over time, speed over time.

with that the could be a calculation of traveled way over time and then the power.

with such a calculation, you could easily gain some HP by testing if a degree more or less in timing would gain or loss power ;)

so: that's no hardware gimmick, that should be added, just some maths, physics and calculations based on the datalogging.

best regards Luke
100X^
YES!^^^
Luke

Post by Luke »

and another shot from me: :D

just took a look at the info of the new version, where it says, that now the MAP sensor can read, when the engine is off.

with that option this should give a possibility to get rid of the pressure sensor in the ECU and add a (optional) compensation for the air pressure.

before starting the engine, there could be the absolute pressure read, saved and altered for that given day and air pressure, with possibilities to compensate for bad whether (low pressure) or different altitudes and of course then to compensate the boost.

some kind of:
today's pressure?? - read MAP (before starting, evaluate, let the MIL light on, evaluated - MIL OFF - start engine)
compensate maps *add boost (when low pressure there), decrease boost (at high pressure), determine altitude (by pressure and compensate), well almost everything the ECU sensor does, could (and, in my opinion, should) be done by the MAP sensor.

even for ITB users (like shiroitenshi) that would be a possibility to ride with alpha-n, but still get an altitude compensation without that inner sensor (which most of use won't have)

possible or not? :D

best regards Lukas
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

BOOST BY MPH
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Boost by speed is the same as boost by gear, expect boost by gear gives you more control.
Hondata
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

Hondata wrote:Boost by speed is the same as boost by gear, expect boost by gear gives you more control.
Not if you are inputting rear wheel speed as opposed to the driven front wheels at the vss input.
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

So what you really need is traction control.
Hondata
stlegal

Post by stlegal »

Hondata wrote:So what you really need is traction control.
stlegal wrote:
stlegal wrote:can you add program menu traction control for maximum speed ?
???
cxiong1

Post by cxiong1 »

I was just wondering if anyone knows why Hondata doesn't work on my Lenovo Yoga with windows 8?
11 sec teg
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

cxiong1 wrote:I was just wondering if anyone knows why Hondata doesn't work on my Lenovo Yoga with windows 8?
Very difficult to say without more details. What exatly is happening.
cxiong1

Post by cxiong1 »

The program will download to the laptop and every time I try to open the software an error shows up on the screen. I trouble shoot it and try to run the program as window 7 and windows vista and still an error shows up? Won't let me open the program. Does it matter that the Lenovo is a notebook and not a laptop?
11 sec teg
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You still have not given us the error message.
cxiong1

Post by cxiong1 »

Spunkster wrote:You still have not given us the error message.
Never mind..I turned off my anti-virus and now everything works. Was just a mistake on my part. Thanks for the help.
11 sec teg
T66crx

Post by T66crx »

I would like to see different rev limter for each gear in the gear comp table. that way you can have every gear different or just the gears you want longer or shorter rpms. like example lots of people have to up their rev limiter cause they cross the finishline hitting the limiter in 4th gear so would be nice to change atleast 4th gear rpms
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

T66crx wrote:I would like to see different rev limter for each gear in the gear comp table. that way you can have every gear different or just the gears you want longer or shorter rpms. like example lots of people have to up their rev limiter cause they cross the finishline hitting the limiter in 4th gear so would be nice to change atleast 4th gear rpms
T66crx for President
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167