Actual ignition timing

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
tuned

Actual ignition timing

Post by tuned »

THIS THREAD IS NOT BASHING ON THE S300 IT ONLY CAN MAKE IT A BETTER PROGRAM THAN IT IS ALL READY

hi i have tuned aem,Dsm link,crome,neptune,ectune and S300 wich is by far the most user friendly and easy to tune program

Actual ignition timing is what the ecu is actualy sends to the engine.

how come i cant see or log Actual ignition timing only table timing?

this is a excellent and usefull feature because i can build the timing tables and know how much timing the engine actualy is geting

on neptune and ectune i can see and log table timing and Actual ignition timing. also i can Disable the factory timing advances so the engine gets what the ign table shows like all the other EMS am not talking about ECT IAT corrections am talking about the liner timing table thats in the back round adding timing on top of the ignition table the higher the rpms the more timing it adds on top.

example for the people the dont understand lets say your at full throtle at 7000rpms the ign table shows 28 degrees the liner timing advance table is adding lets say 10 degrees on top of the 28 so your final ignition timing or Actual ignition timing will be 38 degrees wich is what the engine is actualy geting and on the S300 you can only see table timing so you never know how much timing the engine is realy geting.

As a tuner i find this realy annoying
boosted hybrid

Post by boosted hybrid »

Put a timing light on the engine, and you'll see that even whats in the table on neptune, etune or crome does not match the light. I am not talking about idle, high rpm specifically.
tuned

Post by tuned »

boosted hybrid wrote:Put a timing light on the engine, and you'll see that even whats in the table on neptune, etune or crome does not match the light. I am not talking about idle, high rpm specifically.

so your telling me that if i put 16 degrees of timing on the last 2 colums from 3000rpm to 9000rpm on neptune or ectune and disable the ignition adjustments and zero out all the timing corections ECT IAT GEAR eta.... and i do a dyno pull with the timing light its not going to stay at the 16 degre mark on the crank pully??????