Cannot start with p74 basemap

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
codenamezero

Cannot start with p74 basemap

Post by codenamezero »

So i'e received my s300, plug it in, loaded the stock p74 ecu rom into it, and try to fire it up.
It won't start and throw a code 20...
Code 20 ELD Electrical Load Detector

Car is 99 integra LS, stock, original ecu was p75 obd2a.
S300 ecu is p28 chipped with obd2a -> obd1 harness.

I look at the engine bay, silly me, i forgot to plug the vacuum hose back in the IM (took it off when i try to install my password jdm strut bar).
So i plug it back, and try to start it up again, it cranks, but it just die right after i turn the key.

I thought ok, maybe i messed something up, so i plug my stock ecu back but it starts right up!!! So i know there is nothing wrong with the car itself.

Could it be that the p74 rom come with the SManager is bogus?

I turned on recording while i start it up and it logged this, not sure if it help:
It went around the cell between 500-700 rpm and column 4 and 5.

This s300 is a used unit, ELD is not disabled, i'm also asking the same question on another forum as well, the person also said the 16 timing and eld shouldn't stop the car from starting.

Well i assumed that the default settings from S300 would be set to stock settings,
it was already like that when i load the stock p74 rom.

Everything is stock on the car right now except s300, no wideband nothing.
I just want to load the basemap and get the car started, that would be my step one. After that i will order the WB02 and start to play with it.

Meanwhile, here is the stock p74 fuel map (stock from the filename... i trust that it is the stock map).
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

Try deleting that cal file & change your 'vac units' under 'options/settings/units' to kPa & absolute.
Then pull up a new P74 calibration & see how that goes.

Those vac units look a bit funky,besides its time for u to leave the 'inches of mercury at the 3rd sunday after the full moon when the cows face west' behind & catch up to the rest of the world.

Also ignore the CEL 20 &or just disable the error check for it under params/misc tab, u obviously dont have an ELD pickup installed in the car.
codenamezero

Post by codenamezero »

I've already reloaded the cal file several time.

Update:
- Disabled ELD
- Disabled IAC error
- Have spark (thanks TurboLS with the timing light trick)
- Not sure if i have fuel, no socket to take out the spark plug, but the s300 logging seems to show the injector were at 4% duty cycle when i crank it.
- Datalog file here

Still no dice, it just crank and nothing. I guess the next thing i will do, is to check the harness, but if the harness turns out ok, what else can i check?

fly_n

Post by fly_n »

Can u hear the fuel pump prime when u switch to ignition?
codenamezero

Post by codenamezero »

Fuel pump primed
I will take the harness out and start counting the pin and shit tonight...
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

Dude... I'll mail you a spark plug socket heh

The right tool should not be the impediment to you solving your issues. I have spares, just PM me your address on TI.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)
codenamezero

Post by codenamezero »

LOL is ok, i bought a deep socket, but there is no rubber ring inside the socket.
My dad has a spark plug deep socket with a rubber ring inside...
and the spark plug would stuck in there making is super easy to take out.
Anyhow, i think i will just DIY and fit some rubber ring in later.

Sooo... I unplug the harness from the ECU, and saw the connector A Pin 12 IACV was bent!
So i straighten it up, and try to fire the car up again, still no go.

I've uploaded another datalog file, is the voltage too low during crank?

Hum... i think the harness doesn't look good?
According to the obd2 schematic http://ff-squad.com/technet/wiring.obd2a.htm

Below are all the pins that are missing from the conversion harness (obd2a side):
Connector A
Pin# Description
05 SO2SHTC - Second O2 Sensor Heater Control
13 IACVN - IACV Negative Side (Civic Only, but wtf i have that pin on my stock ECU)
17 ACC - A/C Controller
25 VREF - Reference Voltage
28 2WBS - EVAP Bypass Solenoid Valve
29 VSV - EVAP Control Canister Vent Shut Valve
30 SLU - Brake Lock (A/T Related) (Civic Only, again, i have that pin from my OBD2A ECU wtf?)
31 EMPTY SLOT (but i have a pin from my obd2a ECU here!!)
Connector A looks ok, it looks like obd1 doesn't have those function

Connector C
01 CKF P - CKF Sensor P-side
[RED]09 TMA/FAS - A/T TCM Related[/FONT] << obd1 has it on pin 9 connector B?
[RED]11 CKF M - CKP Ground [/FONT] << obd1 should be on connector b, pin 16?
19 AT CHK - Detects TCM Signal (Integra Only)
20 EMPTY SLOT (again i have this pin from the ECU... makes no sense)
21 BARO OUT - Barometrc Sens. Output (Integra Only)
22 EMPTY SLOT (i have this pin from ECU)
23-31 missing from the harness...
Connector C looks like is missing 2 pins going to obd1

Connector D
13 SHO2/SG - Secondary Heated O2, Sensor Ground
14 SHO2/SG - Secondary Heated O2, Sensor-2
15 PTANK - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

Just because u see pins sticking out of the ECU doesnt necessarily mean they do anything,just ignore them,most of the ones u mention are like A/T(auto tranny) related ,i assume this doesnt relate to u?

Others are like A13(used for stepper type idle valves) which u dont have,u have a straight solenoid controlled valve.

C11 CKF,again obd1 doesnt use a crank fluctuation sensor(misfire) thats an obd2 thing.

Conversion harnesses are notoriously bad,so thats the first place i'd be looking for problems & seeing as though u have identified a bent pin directly relating to your idle valve,then head straight for that.(edit: actually A12 obd1 is rad fan control,u sure u are identifying your pins right? idle valve is A12 on obd2)

U really should do a straight continuity check from ECU to idle valve on the wire,just plug everything back together & pop the lid on the ECU & u will see the pins from inside.
Identify the A9 idle valve pin from inside the ECU & test from there to the plug that goes onto the idle valve. Even wiggle the connections when u r testing.
Also please remove the main ecu & ecu backup fuses from the engine bay fusebox before u start or at least turn off your ignition & pop the backup fuse.

While your at it,just make sure u have 12V on the other pin of the idle valve with ign turned on,even pop one or all of the injector clips off & test u have 12V on the yellow/black wire,considering idle valve & injectors share the same circuit.
U really have to get those sparkies out & inspect them too.

Sorry dont have sManager on this pc,so cant check your log.
codenamezero

Post by codenamezero »

all those missing pins are from the obd2a side of the harness.
i was going through connector A pin by pin, making sure every one of them is going to the right slot, i think starting from pin 14, all the pins were off by 1...

i will need to get myself a volt meter to make sure, because the harness have these hot glue on them, and is hard to see exactly which pin is which.

i will try to find out tonight.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you plug the stock ECU in are the plugs all 3 together or is there a gap between any of them?