Idle in column 8/9 ?????

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
02ep3si

Idle in column 8/9 ?????

Post by 02ep3si »

Recently finished up a build of a d16. Its bored to 78mm, stg 3 comp cam, gt30 turbo, peakboost ram horn, 3 inch turbo back exhaust. It has a hondata map sensor Working on getting the car to idle so we can get it on the trailer to take it to be tuned..

What would cause the idle to be in column's 8 and 9. I have a bit of experience with k pro/k manager and have never ran into this problem with s300 or kmanager before.

any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

MAP sensor and TPS plugs are reversed or MAP sensor is not seeing vacuum from throttle body.
Hondata
02ep3si

Post by 02ep3si »

It is a new hondata 4 bar map sensor.. TPS is working correctly so im pretty sure the plugs are not reversed.. car idles well, just seems odd to me..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you selected the Hondata 4bar map sensor in the software and uploaded to the ECU?
02ep3si

Post by 02ep3si »

yes i have.. Original base was made for me from Corey at Slowmotion motor sports to start the car up..

I checked all parameters and they are correct.. My only thinking is a Map sensor problem or a vacuum leak..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try putting the stock map sensor back and change the calibration to have the correct map sensor setting and see what it does.
02ep3si

Post by 02ep3si »

I took the map sensor off.. The o ring was not installed when my friend assembled the throttle body.

Fixed the o ring but the car idle's in the 7/8 columns now.

Thing i noticed between Smanager and Kmanager (since i know k series better then d series)

I looked at the tables and the #1 column on k manager is -25.8

But in S manager -25.8 is in column's 7 and 8 area..

Now since im new to Smanager does this make sense????

THanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try a fresh calibration from File, New, your calibration appears to be corrupt.
02ep3si

Post by 02ep3si »

Ok.. ill try that as soon as possible.

Thanks
locash

Post by locash »

Change your vacuum unit display setting to Atmospheric as well, and then the columns will look "normal".
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
boostedcivicsir

Post by boostedcivicsir »

only time i ever had this issue was because the engine was not making enough vacuum to be in the lower columns. have you checked with a mechanical gauge to actually see where the vacuum is?

fwiw, the guy installed cams, never adjusted the valves, assumed they were fine. they were actually very tight and hanging the valves open a little. end effect was no vac at idle.