car will not restart hot, after running, not overheating.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
boostedcivicsir

car will not restart hot, after running, not overheating.

Post by boostedcivicsir »

at world cup finals, this issue really reared its ugly head. last year it cropped up at e town. cost me the furst round at the fall nationals.

when im in the lanes, and there is a breakage, i cant turn the car off, as i know it wont restart. BUT, with 2+2 it will start and run.

well this weekend, i had an issue, and thought it was lack of battery voltage. we put the jump box on the car it fired. made the pass.

next round same deal. breakage, had to turn car off, this time the jump box had no effect. so an idea popped into my head to pinch off the return line as i know the car never floods, it is lack of fuel. pinching the return line allowed the car to light up and run.

the setup is as follows,
83mm gsr maz cams
8.8:1
t3t67ho
rc 1200's with an oe resistor box
weldon db2015a on a dedicated switch so cranking fuel pressure isnt an issue.
msd 6al and blaster ss, plugs gapped at 18thou.

i am pretty convinced that i need a warm start fuel enrichment, problem is, im not a tuner. i can make changes, but dont feel comfortable making changes i dont know about.

so if the cal agrees what what i am saying, please direct me as to where to add fuel. and what incriments. thankyou.

i will enclose the last cal i used.

thanks guys.

sorry for the edit i had dislexia......1200 injectors.
Attachments
3rd qual.skl
(31.89 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
boostedcivicsir

is it possible to get a cranking fuel trim based on temperature?
RedR

Post by RedR »

i had to tweak my iat compensation tables to get a smooth idle when it heat soaks.....might be your case but a log would probably tell "us" more.
boostedcivicsir

i have the race logs, i dont have any cranking logs. can you even get cranking logs? (i am truly asking) i didnt know you could log the engine cranking.

idling isnt an issue. it is litterally just getting it to start. once it is running it is fine and i can go make the pass like nothing else happened.
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

u might want to look into getting some "dead time" figures for those injectors & using those values instead of stock 240cc values.

dare say it will probably throw your whole tune off though & u'll have to get back on the dyno.
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

i can't make too much sense from your first post (and that's all I've read), but from your Title I'd say Main Relay :idea:
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
boostedcivicsir

if you can make sense of the first post, you may see it isnt a main relay issue.

well i havent seen anything that points to is definately.
megomaniac

Post by megomaniac »

have you tried upping the cranking fuel trim? I assume that just gives it move fuel while cranking, And for the cold start feature, how long or at what temp is classified as cold start anyhow?
H22A4
turbo
S300
boostedcivicsir

over the last day or 2 have just learned about the cranking fuel trim.

i have a busted tranny from world cup, so when i go to fix that ill address that issue as well.

again thankyou all for the help.

i honestly did not know about the cranking fuel trim, my tuner had gotten back to me also, and said the same thing.

although he had said that k and flash pro have a temp / trim table. that the s300 doesnt. an addition to a later version? haha.
boosted hybrid

Post by boosted hybrid »

Mikey,

I really think alot of your hot starting issues are directly related to those injectors that you are using. I thought about it more and more and I have never needed a cranking trim vs coolant map with s300 before. Even on 1600cc's with no driver box the cars start under cold or hot conditions just like stock.
boostedcivicsir

only problem is jeff, i cant afford the id1000s, and a retune hahaa.

although i have enough fuel pump to run the id1000s.
megomaniac

Post by megomaniac »

There's actually id2000's available. I'm a total noob and I can get my car running with a rough tune on id1000's.
H22A4
turbo
S300
boostedcivicsir

the 1000s will be enough as i have enough fuel pump to run a 100 psi base.

i dont have the money for new injectors, and still have a broke tranny. so if the crannking trim works, there isnt really a reason to switch. yet.
boostedcivicsir

thankyou for all the help. i dragged the car out of the garage tonight, and messed with the cranking fuel trim.

12% wouldnt start. 50% would start.
so i think i got it nailed.

but here is another question, will putting the cranking trim at 50% affect cold start adversely?