Tuning a SC K20Z1

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
stevenc

Tuning a SC K20Z1

Post by stevenc »

There isnt much data on tuning a SC K20Z1. My question is since the Z1 has ITR cams, what cam angles have you guys run when tuning SC ITR engines? I looked at the K20A2 calibration for 9 psi and you run basically 40 degrees across the rpms range... What have you done on K20A's?

Thanks
Steven
Houston, TX
Razathorn

Re: Tuning a SC K20Z1

Post by Razathorn »

stevenc wrote:There isnt much data on tuning a SC K20Z1. My question is since the Z1 has ITR cams, what cam angles have you guys run when tuning SC ITR engines? I looked at the K20A2 calibration for 9 psi and you run basically 40 degrees across the rpms range... What have you done on K20A's?

Thanks
Steven
Houston, TX
I thought it was pretty much 50 most of the way. The ITR cams have more overlap, which means you should experience more exhaust overlap at 50 degrees cam than an k20a2 would. Some who have tuned have found that less overlap up top produced more power with their air flow setup. Basically, there is some point with the supercharger that you reach where you have boost blow through when you have too much overlap. My *guess* is this point will be sooner for ITR cam people.

It would be neat if you did a full VTC tune and posted your findings ;).
stevenc

Post by stevenc »

i will run a 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 tune and overlay and see where everything falls out. However i was just wondering what hondata had seen on the ITR cams
TransformedBG

Post by TransformedBG »

I was getting my K20A Itr with JRSC tunned yesturday, and low cams it was loving 30 degree cam angles, and then we were just starting to tune the high cams and ran out of fuel pressure from the pump. But it was pretty different. For now this is my tune:
Attachments
Glen tune 8 - fuel pump limit.kal
Fuel pump hit its limt.. Rev limit set @ 7000.. You can see were im at thus far.
(72.37 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
rsx-s 05

Post by rsx-s 05 »

Well I just purchased today the Comptech supercharger for my 05 RSX type S
With the 3.3 pulley (hoping for 6-7psi) and their modified Injectors 520?s

My current mods are K-pro I/H/E

I remember you guys post in Clubrsx http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=348318

Well in post # 12 you guys posted

?The tune is not highly optimised. Ignition is a couple of degrees less and airfuel ratio a little richer. It is designed to be a good starting point for others.?

I uploaded the newest K manager and could not find the base kal for the 05 rsx ctsc
Will You guys be adding this soon?
Performance* Hondata K-Pro W/ Wire Harness* Injen CAI* DCRH SS* Hondata IMG* Fujitsubo Power Getter Exhaust
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You'll have to contact Comptech for the calibrations.
Hondata
rsx-s 05

Post by rsx-s 05 »

Okay Thanks!
I 'll will be calling them Monday

My CTSC came in today wow, and they told me it will take two weeks since there on back order. HA! Only took two days.
Performance* Hondata K-Pro W/ Wire Harness* Injen CAI* DCRH SS* Hondata IMG* Fujitsubo Power Getter Exhaust
rsx-s 05

Post by rsx-s 05 »

Well it took me 9 hr to install keep droping bolts and had to search for them

used the jrsc 550 kal and was just making 5 psi at 7k

the 05 seem to like the cams at 28 now its at hitting 7.2 psi